PDA

View Full Version : Cough that won't go away

SleeplessFog
05-04-11, 15:08
Hi. I don't usually post as I have been away from the board for quite sometime. However I have had this nagging cough for over 2 weeks now.

I thought it was a cold...cold medicine didn't work...so then the 2nd week I tried Allergy OTC meds. That didn't work. Finally last Thursday I went to the doctor because I had sinus drainage that was bloody.

They treated me for bronchitis and gave me Advair and a Z pack. The Z pack ended yesterday and I am worried that I am not getting better. The Z Pack and Advair made my cough more severe all weekend and I had a slight fever on Sunday.

The only reason I am worried is because I know someone who had a cold that wouldn't go away and it ended up attacking their heart and now they have a pacemaker for the rest of their lives and I am terrified this is going to happen to me.

The cough is less today than it was yesterday but I am so tired from no sleep due to coughing. I just need some reassurance that this is going to clear up and not get worse. :doh:

SleeplessFog
05-04-11, 16:27
Anybody? I really am sort of freaking out about this. I keep telling myself the backache I have is from muscle strain and not like pneumonia or anything but I am having a hard time convincing myself otherwise. :blush:

Greenman50
05-04-11, 17:08
Hi
I didn,t think it was unusual to have a cough for that long ? I,ve had bad coughs for over a month over the years , and yes you can hurt your back coughing .
Give it another week before panicking

agnes
05-04-11, 22:05
I was the same as you for several months before Christmas...my anxiety levels were sky high and so I can understand how you might be feeling. There are some long term bugs going around but the symptoms do get better, just give them time
:hugs: