PDA

View Full Version : Hi, another newbie here

EskieLuv73
05-04-11, 16:17
Joined this morning; this is my 1st post. I'm 37 & have been dealing with panic, OCD, depression & multiple other issues since I was 17 & involved in a fatal car accident. I suffered a TBI & my life was forever changed. I have had panic attacks since that time, now twenty years. I began suffering depression after the birth of my son, 17 years ago, & OCD started around that time also. I went through severe agoraphobia & spent two/three years 'housebound.' I've seen multiple therapists & now just deal with things on my own. I do not work outside the home. I have been hospitalized twice. I previously self-injured, but have not felt urges for many years. I've been on this roller coaster for so long, I don't think I would know what to do if my life were "normal." No one knows how much I suffer, how many things I go through (save my husband and son) & I've lost practically every friend I have because of my inability to speak on the phone & socialize. I am here to find others like me, some shoulders to lean on & hopefully offer my own experiences, support & help.

diane07
05-04-11, 16:19
Hi EskieLuv73

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
05-04-11, 19:20
Hi Eskie, welcome aboard. Youve been through a dreadful traumatic time, Im sure youll find lots of help and support here, and make some good friends too. Nice to have you with us.x:welcome: