PDA

View Full Version : I need to go to hypochondriac anonymous!

theinfamissy
11-04-06, 00:34
I went to the doctors the other day because I had a weird pressure in my stomach.I obsessed that it was some kind of cancer because i had known someone who died of cancer two years after they had just gone to the doctors because their stomach had hurt and found out they had really bad cancer.I also thought maybe my appedix is going to bust!Maybe its an ulcer and I will have to get it removed!So what did the doctor have to say? She said I was just constipated!After that I realized It had been silly for me to get my self in such a twist over nothing,but even after that happening I still overexaggerate my symptoms.If my head hurts in a funny way its gotta be a tumor!If my bruise looks funny its gotta be really bad internal bleeding! Does anyone else feel this way or am I just going crazy!!!

boy
11-04-06, 00:43
Yep, always the worst case scenario. You're not alone.

jackie
11-04-06, 18:45
oh yes for the last four years, as boy accurately put it " the worst possible scenario

you 2 are not alone

jackie

scoobygirl2005
11-04-06, 22:45
I know what you mean, I get like that. I have found a lump under my arm today and I am really worried that it could be cancer or something.

Scooby2005.

nomorepanic
11-04-06, 22:51
Now called Health Anxiety and effectively treated with CBT

Nicola