PDA

View Full Version : Going mad again !!!

cassie1975
06-04-11, 07:09
Advice again please !! I have had anxiety since july last year october was worse i had alot of physical symptoms. The problem is I have started to struggle with my thoughts again, Yesterday i was on the race for life website and there was a page on how to detect cancer early! As I scrolled down there was symptoms of cough and croaky voice, well i have had this four about four weeks. I then sat there all afternoon convincing myself I was wrong. Then there's my husband he has been ill and developed what i can only describe as the beginning of skin tags (strange i know but thats the only wasy to describe them) the doctor said not to worry only if they get bigger. Well !! me being me my thoughts are going overtime and my anxiety symptoms are starting to creep back. I am currently waiting on an online CBT course. I hope it comes soon i feel like i am losing my marbles !!! Thanks for reading i just wish i could be normal again x

shoegal
06-04-11, 07:53
Hello. You are not losing your marbles. Anxiety makes us go over things in our minds and it plays tricks on us and makes us feel like we are going mad when we are really not! I think it's best to avoid reading about cancer etc if you know it worries you, and I don't think you need to worry about your husband's skin tags. Lot's of people get those as they age and if your Doctor wasn't worried then you definitely needn't worry. :flowers:

cassie1975
06-04-11, 08:14
Thanks Shoegal, just sometimes i let my thoughts get the better of me !! I wish i could listen to what everyone was saying and take it all in !! In my mind i am convinced they are wrong even doctors !!!

honeyp1e
06-04-11, 08:35
am the worse with my thoughts... soon as i get a thought into my mind (negative) i just cant get rid of it and my mind runs away with it all day i try and think positive but easier said than done xx

cassie1975
06-04-11, 09:32
Honeypie thanks for your reply, I feel like i am going round the twist. After not looking on the internet for my symptoms!!! I am looking for my husband over these strange things on his face. I am sat here and the heat is rising through my body, i want to feel positive but like you i am struggling !!!

holidaygirl
06-04-11, 09:41
Oh you poor thing, I have done that before, too:blush:
I often know I shouldn't think as I do, or like you, see too much into something, but still do it:huh:
It mad me feel atleast I am not the only one:)
Try to be positive and think about something else ( I am so good at giving others advice, don't take notice of my own:D)
Take care

cassie1975
06-04-11, 10:18
I totally agree i have been doing so well, i am waiting to be referred for CBT it couldnt come soon enough. I feel like I will end up in hospital if i cant control these thoughts x x They are taking over my life and i am so scared either myself or my husband are going to die and leave our seven year old girl on her own !:weep:

AngelHeart
06-04-11, 10:26
Its absolutly horrible hun as I do exactly the same, I dont seem to be able to hold on to or think about positive things all the time but I do with negative which obviously aggrevaites my anxiety. Its not a very nice place to be :weep: . Sometimes I can have a good run of feeling happy then like yourself I can just read something online or in the paper which sends my mind out of control again. I just want you to know that you are not alone with the way you feel, it sounds awful but it helps me to know there are people the same as then I dont feel like am going mad !! Lots of :hugs: to you. Try staying positive , especially for your little girl, its my 3 children, I look at when I feel this way and they give me so much comfort. xxxx

cassie1975
06-04-11, 10:33
Thanks pauline, I think this is one of my lowest days in about six months. I am very emotional today as well which is not helping x Thanks again

holidaygirl
06-04-11, 19:35
I hope you are feeling a bit better?
I agree it is our children that help us to keep going.
Mine have grown up really succesfully and are doing really well. We all got through my good and bad times and now they are really supportive, as adults:D
Take care of yourself

cassie1975
13-04-11, 14:47
Hi, just an update my husband went to the doctors yesterday they are treating him for a fungal infection. I have settled down a little just want to make double sure thats what it is. My husband said the doctor was not worried. I hate my anxiety, I feel like it is winning at the moment but i am thankful for my very very patient husband and friends who put up with alot !!!