PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

holidaygirl
06-04-11, 09:29
Hi

I have just joined as I often like to look for ways of helping myself and this looks a very positive way forward, by joining this site.
I am 50 in May and had hoped to be "in a better place" as far as my mental health goes, as well as trying to be slimmer:blush:
Currently doing Slimming World:huh:
I have suffered depression/anxiety for most of my life, to different degrees.
I have issues relating to my adoption and this seems to have affected my whole life.
I am truly blessed with a wonderful husband and 3 absolutely terrific children, all in their 20's.
My current problem is being off work, for 4 months, with anxiety and stress after being bullied for 2 years and then treated badly by management.
I am on venelfaxine and sleeping tablets.
I am 2 weeks into CBT but not quite convinced yet:unsure:
Well that's me, I hope to be a regular poster on here and to support others as I would like to be supported:D

nomorepanic
06-04-11, 09:30
Hi holidaygirl

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
06-04-11, 21:47
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

Whitehall1
07-04-11, 07:49
It is nice to see another "Newbie" like myself - I have also been off work with "Anxiety" since January this year so I know what it is like. I am wanting to get back to working but am scared that employers will see that I have had Anxiety and bin me off! I am already finding the site a "god send".

Adele
xxx

Spongeballz
07-04-11, 10:38
A big warm welcome to you both. Hope you find all the support you need :)

holidaygirl
07-04-11, 15:43
It is nice to see another "Newbie" like myself - I have also been off work with "Anxiety" since January this year so I know what it is like. I am wanting to get back to working but am scared that employers will see that I have had Anxiety and bin me off! I am already finding the site a "god send".

Adele
xxx

Hi, nice of you to reply:)
My employer is so keen to have me back that when I asked for a back to work meeting they gave me one for a months time:mad:
That is, after the date I go on half pay! Turns out the managers are on leave, well, that's not my problem:ohmy:
Hubbie now in communication with HR and protesting about the half pay.
It was all work related anyway!
It's no wonder I suffer from anxiety:huh:
Hope you feel better soon, it's not easy but I have been finding my way around alsorts of ideas/books/CD's/audio books on ipod/even trying meditation/relaxation (unheard of for me, who never relaxes!)
x

Whitehall1
08-04-11, 08:37
It is nice to hear that someone else is feeling like me - I too find it hard to slow down and relax but have a large pile of "help books" at the side of the bed along with several Paul McKenna CD's which I have found really useful when trying to switch off! Keep in touch. Adele xxx