PDA

View Full Version : Weight gain - citalopram reduction?

scorpionwhispers
06-04-11, 10:24
Hi all,

Currently on 20mg, weight gain has become depressing, I didn't have any gain on 10mg. Think I'm going to drop down to 15mg and look for a middle ground.

So could you give your opinions on whether this is a good idea and what side effects I can expect?

Jemlou
06-04-11, 14:12
How long have you been on 20mg? how are you feeling in yourself (other than not great about the wieght gain?)

Personally unless you and your doctor agree that you are ready to decrease your dose (weight issues aside) then I dont think its a good idea. Your mental health is your first priority at this stage I think - everything else can be addressed a bit later or maybe in different ways.

whatever you decide I wish you well xx

suzy-sue
07-04-11, 23:38
I was on 35mg and am now down to 20mg ,The weight didnt alter .The past 3months Ive been cutting down on carbs and sweet things and excercising more and have lost 3lbs ..This has been hard .The drug slows down your metabolism and weight gain just happens for some of us ,more so than not .I really dont think cutting down by 5mg is going to help .It will hopefully drop off when you have been completely off them for a while .Until then just avoid too much sugar and Carbohydrates .Your mental health is more important for now . Sue