PDA

View Full Version : i actually cant do this anymore

scaredstiff695
06-04-11, 14:44
please hlep i ant cope anymore

im so scared im dying im having horrendous panic attacks and its now being backed up i cnat do this.

ikm haviung irrational thoughts galore and i dont no what to do

honeyp1e
06-04-11, 14:54
Calm down DEEP BREATH and RELAX....... you will get through this it wont hurt you xx

:hugs:

yorkshirelass
06-04-11, 14:57
What's 'being backed up', scaredstiff? Tell auntie Annie (me) in a private message if you need to, because there's not much I don't know about these feelings. But hang on to this - if you KNOW the thoughts are irrational then you've got valuable insight into your condition - and you're definitely NOT dying.

PokerFace
06-04-11, 14:59
Try and plan what you're going to do tonight after the panic attack subsides and you're still alive, that always helps me when I'm having a panic! Whether it be having a bath, watching a movie, having an early night, anything.

Nobody ever died from a panic attack, it won't happen and you're completely safe. It's just adrenaline in your body setting off a chain of symptoms and a horrible feeling but it's harmless. xx

macc noodle
06-04-11, 15:06
Hey hunnni, you sound like you are having a really bad time today. :hugs:

You have good insight though - even when you feel at your lowest you still know that it is panic and anxiety which is GOOD! (I know it will not feel like that now but in time it will serve you well).

I know what it feels like to have wave after wave of Panic attacks and there is no respite and life feels like a permanent struggle. :weep: You are not dying, you will be fine.

Take a deep breath and when the panic subsides find something to do that will try and distract you. My favourite thing used to be an hour with a hot cup of something and a gossipy mag to flick through - lots of pictures and not much reading required so that if you suffer fuzzy eyes (which I used to) - you are not getting all anxious trying to read the blurry text!

We are all with you - post if you need any help or PM any of your replies - I am sure we would love to help.

Jan
xx:)

joans60
06-04-11, 15:16
Hi there
I have just read your post
You are not going to die it is only anxiety and panic
Calm down do some deep breathing and relaxation and you will be fine
Have you been to see your GP if not I would and he should be able to help you
There is also a lot of help on thjis site as well and also the chat room
Keep in there you will be fine

Joanxx:hugs::hugs:

scaredstiff695
06-04-11, 15:34
the chat room got me into this bloody mess (well made me worse lol)

i got appointment with doctor at 4.30 thank you all

not happy at all stupid bloody panic attacks

yorkshirelass
06-04-11, 15:58
you'll be on your way to the docs now, so I shan't worry about not being able to find your PM because you're obviously still in the land of the living - which is what really matters. Hope the doc's helpful. Still feeling my way on the forum and trying not to confuse anyone else!
alias Auntie Annie

scaredstiff695
06-04-11, 16:12
hi still here just going now did you not get my message im ok now im all settled xx

scaredstiff695
06-04-11, 16:57
ok tahts me im done

i went to docs he sia dwhat?
i said about my panic attacks how severe they hhave be come and im scared of meds but can i discuss them, i said ive lost my voice from screaming ive gt bruises that i dont no where they are coming form im having to ring out of docs to calm me down and they said to come in.

he said im not helping myself and they cant and wont do anything now.
i said im not here asking for tests or anything just help and advice
he said you have had anxiety 8 years, what do you want us to do
i said its never been this bad its only since november that ive had medical attention for it.

he told me im not to ring out of hours docs anymore i have to just have them i told him i have neighbours ringing police and hurling abuse aty me.
he said theres nothing he can dopm

im done now deaths the onlky option i cant takje this

scaredstiff695
06-04-11, 17:06
im trying to distract myself im able tog o out alone and keep busy today even though iu have feklt shit ive been shopping alone wityh my two year old and painting my hall way.

im just trembling all night.

ive lost my voice and random bruises. im scare dthat ive lost my voice i didnt ask for nothing i nearly shouted at him

scaredstiff695
06-04-11, 17:07
he wouldnt even talk about meds with me

allergyphobia
06-04-11, 17:09
hi scared.

i'm so sorry to read you are feeling like this.

can i ask what part of the country you are in? i will look into how you can get some more help in your area. if i start looking for you, you're going to have to do the next step and ring up some people, you think that'd be okay for you??

your GP is not helping you and that is not right.. why would he not discuss meds?

Please stay on NMP and get in the chat room, we all understand here

xxx

nomorepanic
06-04-11, 17:46
I wouldn't go in chat if that is causing the problems to be honest. I know how it can be in there at times.

Death is not the only answer!

Re-read the First Steps website page on here and go back to basics and do all you can to help yourself

allergyphobia
06-04-11, 18:02
Oh sorry did not see that bit about chat x

allergyphobia
06-04-11, 18:03
I would also say death is NOT an answer AT ALL, it is not an option, you have to fight x

scaredstiff695
06-04-11, 18:09
soory poeple thank youf ro your help, shame though cos chat was good but staying away from it now xx

im feeling calmer yes please that would be awesome i dont min i ring smaaritans and no oanic helpine often rang them before and had a sob lol

i will fight then go back to the docs and punch hiim lmao (only kidding) xx

just hard when you feel so bloody low, allthough painted my hall way and looking fresher ready for my move (i rent) and its eased a bit of stress having complested one part of a endless boring job i needed to do lol xx

Anxious_gal
06-04-11, 20:31
I read your post earlier and it broke my heart, to hear how you were treated :(
I was once shouted at by a doctor for having a panic attack, I was also going through a rough patch and I was low and that was the last thing I needed, I felt humiliated for ages afterwards.
You have a right to get help!
You so need a new doctor! they are kind doctors out there, maybe you could get a recommendation from a friend.
you should be refereed to a psychiatrist who can then offer you more help, but do ask for that help too, from what I hear theres social workers and care teams that will visit you too, maybe even a week in a good hospital (again get a recommendation) could help.
try and find a list of online help,
here were have 24 hour helplines, you can call into the samritines, some charity's do online support groups for people who can't attend the actual meetings,

you are a person you deserve love, kindness, compassion and all the help you can get your hands on just like rest of us x

scaredstiff695
07-04-11, 00:42
thanks people for your mind words xx im nmoving soon to a doff area so new bdocs then however i still wouldnt chan ge cos i want to beat it then walk in his door ands show him.

its annoying when your asking for help.

i spoke tyo a crisus team tonight they said i dont need hospitlia
sation and doing better than what i think , it helped to talk toi him.
i woill get through this xxx

deepreason
07-04-11, 00:43
Sometimes I get the suicidal feelings as well so I know what you mean.
Main reason I can't do it - my 2 young children.
Losing a parent to suicide is one of the most damaging things that can happen to a child. They can't protect themselves from the world at that age, you HAVE to be there for them no matter what it takes.

scaredstiff695
07-04-11, 00:45
dont worry i will be.

i dont think im suicidal evebn though im saying that more feeling complelty helpless xx

Spongeballz
07-04-11, 01:03
Stay strong Scared hun, for your child, and importantly, for yourself. Things will get better, you just have to get through them. Hope you feel better soon, and from one NMPer to another, all my love :hugs: xxx