PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!

ames
06-04-11, 15:42
So, since my last post I have just gone down hill!! I had been going to work everyday with an extremely high level of anxiety and panic and just felt so poorly, physically ill. It all came to a head on Monday night and I had a melt down on my very understanding fiancé and felt like I wasn't real. I called the doc yesterday and they have signed ne off. The panic is still here, and won't go. Went for a walk today but felt awful!! I am trying to push myself but the doc said that because I had been doing this for months, my body just wanted me to stop (hence the meltdown)
I was supposed to see my counsellor tonight but had to call and cancel as I can't cope with getting in a car. She said we could do it over the phone.
I feel so terrible, just don't feel like me at all, and feel so poorly, sick dizzy, can't explain it!!
I came off citalopram 3 weeks ago, but was only on a small dose, 10mg every 3 days in the end, so surely I am not still coming down from them??
I have got through this so many times, but just scared that I can't cope this time!!
I don't understand how I can feel so physically ill, and like I am not real, is this just anxiety and panic??

hamster lady
06-04-11, 16:07
Hi ames, I'm so sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time with your panic and anxiety. I am also struggling with terrible anxiety and panic attacks at the moment, and I also get feelings of unreality like I'm not real, it is very frightening. I was really freaked out by it at first but since I joined the forum I have found out that it is just a symptom of panic/anxiety and now I can cope with it a bit better knowing what it is! I feel ill with my anxiety too, I feel exhausted and get nausea and stomach pains, it is so horrible the effect that too much adrenalin has on the body. I hope you begin to feel a bit better soon, you are certainly not alone in the way you feel, I feel overwhelmed by my anxiety too. Sending you lots of cyber:hugs: hamster lady:)

ames
06-04-11, 16:09
Thanks for your reply. I'm freaked out about the wayy head feels, so dizzy and spaced out. Not like I have had before!! Urgh, it's horrible!

shoegal
06-04-11, 18:59
Hi. I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time right now. I would get some rest for a few days and see how you feel in a few days. It's possible that your body is still feeling a little bit shaken after coming off the meds recently, it's hard to say for sure. Anxiety and panic can make you feel very ill and also as if things are not real. You hang in there. Things will improve. :flowers:

ames
06-04-11, 20:05
Thanks, really appreciate hearing from people who know what I am going through!! Xx