PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Myself

LookToTheFuture
06-04-11, 17:34
Hello - I've been on the site a little while but not as a poster, and have found a lot of support here. Just wanted to go the next step and introduce myself.

I'm mid-thirties, suffering anxiety and depression. First started about 10 years ago as part of PTSD in response to a specific traumatic event. Through counselling and meds the depression disappeared completely and the anxiety reduced to an easily controllable level.

Since then I've progressed my career, had two gorgeous children and generally been okay for the last seven years ... until various stressful events last year brought it all back. Panic attacks, ongoing anxiety and fairly severe depression.

Saw my GP in Feb and now back on meds and almost completed a short course of counselling, but this time the anxiety factors in my life are different to the first time around and are not going away - so I have to find some new ways of dealing with it.

So - thanks for the support already received here, and wishing everyone else on the site a full recovery.

diane07
06-04-11, 17:35
Hi LookToTheFuture

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
06-04-11, 21:44
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x