PDA

View Full Version : surge to the head - dizziness

JT69
06-04-11, 17:50
Hi,

I suffer with anxiety am currently taking 15mg mirtazipine with pregabalin (100mg at night and 50mg in the morning) and have been taking these meds a while now.

Last night whilst sitting eating my dinner with my family I had this sudden surge feeling to the head and I went really dizzy for a few seconds (felt like forever) it was awful...I had to hold onto the table until it passed and didnt think it ever was going to.

I had been getting pretty worked up at work and then left 2 hours late and drove home quickly as my hubby had texted to say dinner in 15mins...then when eating it was having a bit of a stressy conversation...so was aware that I was stressing but to have this surge was truely scary!!!

Just wondered if anyone else has had this and if it is anxiety related. My BP etc seems fine so dont think its that....just rather odd...???

Thanks
Jo.xx

Zee
06-04-11, 21:05
Ive had that couple times, just out of the blue..I tried to figure out what could have bought it on and then I realised on both occassions I had overstretched my neck.. I saw a physio and she found a shoulder impingement and very bad neck tension.. Have you got any neck/shoulder tension ?

Jebdog
06-04-11, 23:02
Certainly could be anxiety. Do get this sometimes myself. I would keep an eye on it but at the moment try not too worry about it too much.

mandie
07-04-11, 11:07
Hi i get this. its like a head rush. its the adrenaline going through you so i was told.

its nothing to worry about but can be a bit scarey

mandie x

oldtime
07-04-11, 11:37
People call this a 'funny turn'. Yeah really funny NOT.

heavenly
07-04-11, 11:40
Even though I have been suffering with anxiety for 7 months and been on Citalopram for 5 months and it's the right dose for me, every now and then I feel 'spacey', a bit dizzy. I used to panic about that, which would then heighten my anxiety. But now I know that it will pass and the more calm I am about it, the quicker it passes.

martbarr
08-04-11, 22:27
Hi,

Jo.xx

Just popped in very briefly to say Hi .....
Me doing ok - how about you ?

xMartian del capitano

JT69
09-04-11, 10:18
Ive had that couple times, just out of the blue..I tried to figure out what could have bought it on and then I realised on both occassions I had overstretched my neck.. I saw a physio and she found a shoulder impingement and very bad neck tension.. Have you got any neck/shoulder tension ?

Hi Zee,

Thanks for that...I have been having lower back problems and left knee probs (not sure it the 2 are connected)...have felt o.k since the dizzyness but my head has felt a little woosie at times. See how it goes.

Jo.xx

JT69
09-04-11, 10:21
Just popped in very briefly to say Hi .....
Me doing ok - how about you ?

xMartian del capitano

Hi Cheepy Chappy,

Glad you doing o.k. I still use the site regularly, mostly to help others as I know that advice was invaluable to me when I needed it and sometimes I still do...its nice to share.

Yes am good at the moment but do have my "blips" like everyone does I surpose but manage with them...work is good and keeps me well occupied.

Nice to hear from you.

TC

Jo.xx

JT69
09-04-11, 10:22
People call this a 'funny turn'. Yeah really funny NOT.

Yes I agree...they want to try having it!!! LOL!!1

martbarr
15-04-11, 00:30
Hi Cheepy Chappy,

Glad you doing o.k. I still use the site regularly, mostly to help others as I know that advice was invaluable to me when I needed it and sometimes I still do...its nice to share.

Yes am good at the moment but do have my "blips" like everyone does I surpose but manage with them...work is good and keeps me well occupied.

Nice to hear from you.

TC

Jo.xx

Fantastico

And good to hear you still remember my proper name.
Although am under cover now that I work for the secret service and have to keep it very hush hush.
Had to pack in the astronaut job - that brought me down to earth a bit.

Dif you hear about the person who went to the doctors 'cos he thought he was a snooker ball ?
Doctor just said "get to the end of the queue".

boom boom

x Martian Bond - 007

yvonne_uk_98
15-04-11, 11:30
hi Jo,

How are you? hope your well. I'm alright, I've got a busy day ahead of me, almost done my to do list, it was such a long list, almost done, need to get it finished for today, for the next to do list to be able to start next week with.

Off to the bank hopefully to close my dad's account down and get my road tax for my car, so let you know how things go.

and it's nice to hear from Martain, missed him.

Yvonne:hugs:

JT69
15-04-11, 13:17
hi Jo,

How are you? hope your well. I'm alright, I've got a busy day ahead of me, almost done my to do list, it was such a long list, almost done, need to get it finished for today, for the next to do list to be able to start next week with.

Off to the bank hopefully to close my dad's account down and get my road tax for my car, so let you know how things go.

and it's nice to hear from Martain, missed him.

Yvonne:hugs:
Hey Yvonne,

Yes am fine thanks....have ups and downs but we all do!!! Glad you have some lovely things to look forward to in your life now...if anyone deserves it you do....onwards and upwards hun!!!

TC

Jo.xx