PDA

View Full Version : please help !!

cassie1975
06-04-11, 19:08
I posted this morning about my husband's strange skin condition x I have been freaking out so much today i have had four panic attacks ! I went on various websites trying to find out what he has !! This ony made it worse and when i asked him if he would go to the doctors he told me to stop and sort my head out. He had already shown the doctor and she said not to worry about them unless the got bigger. They havent but he has got more of them x I am back in my negative thinking mode again and scared i will end up really ill:weep:

honeyp1e
06-04-11, 19:10
I posted this morning about my husband's strange skin condition x I have been freaking out so much today i have had four panic attacks ! I went on various websites trying to find out what he has !! This ony made it worse and when i asked him if he would go to the doctors he told me to stop and sort my head out. He had already shown the doctor and she said not to worry about them unless the got bigger. They havent but he has got more of them x I am back in my negative thinking mode again and scared i will end up really ill:weep:

you wont end up ill because your husband has a skin condition... what is wrong with it ?? am sure its nothing major and your husband has had it checked by the docs your just bein to anxious over it RELAX xx

nomorepanic
06-04-11, 19:12
Could you not add to the post this morning as we have no idea what skin condition etc?

If the doc says it is all ok then he is fine

cassie1975
06-04-11, 19:15
sorry, its like extra bits of raised skin, in skin colour like the beginning of skin tags but he has a few of the on his face and neck !! the doctor didnt actually know what they were. I think my hormones are playing up and that's why i am more anxious !!!

shoegal
06-04-11, 19:18
You cannot 'catch' skin tags if that is what you are worried about, and your husband won't get sick because he has them. They are a harmless part of ageing. Please try to stay calm. :flowers:

nomorepanic
06-04-11, 19:40
I have loads of skin tags and the doc removes them every few years

cassie1975
06-04-11, 19:56
Sorry i am not worried about catching them, My husbands health seems to be my anxiety trigger. I am sorry for not making sense but i have had a really bad day with negative thinking. I am not positive about anything today i am struggling. The doctor didnt know what they were and he has more of them. I know i shouldnt worry, I asked my husband to go to the doctors again and he told me to sort my head out. He puts up with alot from me, but its me with the problem. I read other posts here and give positive advice until it comes to me and i fall apart. When i said i did not want to become ill, I meant with anxiety i was really poorly in september last year and it was all anxiety !!!

Anxious_gal
06-04-11, 20:14
I get you I worry about other peoples health too.
yeah your hormones can really trigger off your anxiety and I bet you scared your self silly via google.
if your husband went to the doctor just for you then he would be enabling your anxiety.
the doctor didn't seem too concerned, either did your husband.
you need to try and stand back and realize your over reacting, I mean this in the nicest way possible x
I finally learned this year that when I'm anxious I'm basically over reacting and being irrational. I found accepting this to help me a little bit.
i'm guessing you are panicking because you've imagined the worst possible outcome?
I know it feels very real, I know the anxiety can make you feel like everyone else should be as worried about the skin condition as you are. I know how frustrating it is when people brush off your fears and you feel like no ones taking you seriously.
I hope you manage not to worry too much about this x x x x

AngelHeart
06-04-11, 20:21
Ive got the same patches too , the older you get the more you get unfortnatly. My husband has them also. Ive had a couple freeze removed but that just leaves me with scars. I also have skin tags and moles that have appeared over the years. If you hubby has been the drs please reassure yourself that everythings ok and that they are very common. I know how hard it is when your fixated on things but please try and be reassures they are ok. Loads of :hugs:, as I think you could do with them right now xxx

cassie1975
06-04-11, 20:24
Thanks Mishel, The worst thing is if this was any of you or my friends i would probably be saying the same thing. I am just having a really low day and hopefully tomorrow will be better. Thanks everyone !! Its nice to know that when I feel down i can always turn to this forum. I think i would have been worse if I hadnt found it.

cassie1975
06-04-11, 20:26
Thanks Pauline I am waiting for CBT after today i think i really need it !! I just want to relax and enjoy life instead of getting hett up everytime something is a little out of the ordinary !!!

SleeplessFog
06-04-11, 20:44
My husband has loads of skin tags...sometimes so many it looks like more keep popping up but its just that he doesn't really notice them at all. All of his are harmless and I am sure if the doctor says your hubby's aren't bad then I am sure they know best.

I hope you are feeling better.

cassie1975
08-04-11, 11:22
Well I am here again and convinced my husband has skin cancer he has these skin coloured spots on his face for a couple of months and the doctor took a look at them and said not to worry only if they got bigger. They are not bigger but he has more of them and they are on his face neck and top of his back. they are about 3mm in size. but he wont go back to the doctors. Am i crazy i have been scouring the internet for pictures and found something similar but not the exactly the same it was skin cancer non melanoma. I cant get this out of my head and i am struggling to function. I cannot think straight and my husband refuses to go to the doctors. His sister was ill a few years ago and had refused to go to the doctors until my husband made her go but this was months after her symptoms appeared. When she finally did go she was treated for stomach problems, four weeks later she had bloods taken and was found to have ovarian cancer it was stage four she lasted eighteen months and died just after her fiftieth birthday. I am scared if he doesnt go soon it may be too late he is only forty six. I am not having a good day and i thought writing on here may help a little.