PDA

View Full Version : Red marks at back of throat

paranoidandroid
07-04-11, 01:09
Hi everyone
A few weeks ago I had a minor sore throat so I decided to check my throat with a torch, Tonsels were ok but what I did notice was three red marks at the back of my throat, now me being a worrier I ran to the doctors convinced I had throat cancer, the doctor said that there was nothing to worry about and they should go on their own. Problem is that they have not gone or dont appear to be going.
see the thing is that I dont know how long they have been there because that is the first time I have ever checked my throat
It would be interesting to know if anyone else has these or anything like these, or has had them.
By the way it is not the first cancer I have diagnosed myself with, I just have a hard time believing doctors, always think they have missed something.

hope there is other people with these marks that can put my paranoid mind at rest.

thanks for reading

Spongeballz
07-04-11, 01:20
Earlier this year I had a similar thing, apparently they can be caused either by eating something slightly tough on your throat, sucking on a sweet too hard or may appear after giving oral sex, they're perfectly normal, and no, I won't say why I had them :tongue: But yes, they'll go away on their own fairly quickly, and they're absolutely nothing to worry about.
Hope that puts your mind at rest :)

paranoidandroid
07-04-11, 20:02
Thanks for the reply, Has put my mind at rest a little, Now you say that I do alot of bike riding where my throat gets really dry. Like I said never looked in my throat before so dont know how long they have been there

Damned health anxiety LOL