PDA

View Full Version : just panicing over constipation

honeyp1e
07-04-11, 02:38
am really freaking myself out right now ive had pressure all above my pubic line since this afternoon and alot of wind :blush: i feel i need to go loo but nothing comes out (sorry) but its the pressure feeling above my pubic line an fullness feelin well like i feel pregnant around my belly button i cant remember last time i did have a BM but i just cant relax & stop thinking about this my diet is poor so i no thats why i dont go the loo i just eat carbs, )bread / biscuits & lots of porridge oats bacically crap how can i releive this constipation / pressure & bubble type feeling all around pubic line & lower left abdomen ????

shoegal
07-04-11, 02:56
Eat some fruit. Prunes should do the job (no pun intended). :whistles:

scaredstiff695
07-04-11, 03:17
hugs huni
sorry cant bsacxk in its kicked me out]'#

eeyorelover
07-04-11, 04:40
Make sure you are drinking enough water!
I have horrible issues with constipation and know exactly what you mean about the bloating!
It's so uncomfortable!!!
I take GasX and that helps with the trapped wind.
Also Milk of Magnesia will help you go if you are constipated.
(((HUGS)))
xxx
Sandy

macc noodle
07-04-11, 07:40
Boiled water helps a treat - a couple of glasses first thing in the morning, every morning should help keep you regular!

Regular eating patterns help too - feast or famine style of eating can result in too few trips to the loo or too many!!

Try and eat some fruit and drink plenty of water today and see if you can ease the problem. Oh and I always find a good dose of Andrews Liver Salts sets me on the right path if feeling a little bunged up shall we say.

Hope you feel better tday.

blueangel
07-04-11, 08:57
Also, as some of the others have already said, you've got to stop just eating carbs. Without the right sort of fibre in your diet, you'll get constipated very quickly. It might also be useful to try something with a gentle laxative action, like Fybogel.

honeyp1e
07-04-11, 12:08
Boiled water helps a treat - a couple of glasses first thing in the morning, every morning should help keep you regular!

Regular eating patterns help too - feast or famine style of eating can result in too few trips to the loo or too many!!

Try and eat some fruit and drink plenty of water today and see if you can ease the problem. Oh and I always find a good dose of Andrews Liver Salts sets me on the right path if feeling a little bunged up shall we say.

Hope you feel better tday.

i dont wanna eat when i feel like this as just below my ribs feels all full and around hips :( and pressure all at bottom of belly above pubic line x

Zee
07-04-11, 14:34
Fibre, most definately, and water . Can you drink smoothies Honeyp1ie ? I have a small concentrated one each day in the 40g tubes, they help too.

honeyp1e
07-04-11, 15:03
Fibre, most definately, and water . Can you drink smoothies Honeyp1ie ? I have a small concentrated one each day in the 40g tubes, they help too.

yea i dnt mind drinking them xx
just my belly is so uncomfortable :scared15:

haz
08-04-11, 01:33
am really freaking myself out right now ive had pressure all above my pubic line since this afternoon and alot of wind :blush: i feel i need to go loo but nothing comes out (sorry) but its the pressure feeling above my pubic line an fullness feelin well like i feel pregnant around my belly button i cant remember last time i did have a BM but i just cant relax & stop thinking about this my diet is poor so i no thats why i dont go the loo i just eat carbs, )bread / biscuits & lots of porridge oats bacically crap how can i releive this constipation / pressure & bubble type feeling all around pubic line & lower left abdomen ????

I've been feeling abdominal pain and bloatedness for the few days so I went to the Minor Ailment Clinic at my local pharmacy and got some lactulose medicine. It is a gentle treatment but it works for me. It's not like some of the laxatives that wake you up in the middle of the night with stomach cramps and then give you diarrohea! My meds make me constipated. But my diet's crap too and I need to exercise more, which I intend to rectify!

I sympathise with you though, it's a horrible, uncomfortable feeling.

Seek medical advice if it continues, you don't want to leave it for too long.

Best Wishes. x