PDA

View Full Version : Concerned/confused...

stu398
07-04-11, 14:30
Hi guys,

I've experienced left sided upper abdomen pains for quite a wee while now, and I did get very concerned, however, back in early March I got an ultrasound and it turned out my Spleen was enlarged due to a nasty bout of Glandular Fever which I contracted in October/November (they think..). However, it was supposed to have gone back to its normal size by now according to the doc who did the scan, yet the pain is getting more frequent, and also appears to be radiating to the right side.
Along with this, I've recently been getting bouts of nausea more frequently, a bit of an upset stomach, very gassy etc etc...does this sound like an IBS flare up to you guys, or...?

Cheers,

Stu

stu398
07-04-11, 15:48
Infact, just remembered I devoured Chips and Cheese after a few pints last night...hmmmm!

snowgoose
07-04-11, 16:21
hi:)

did the doc ever repeat the scan? Sounds as though the chips and pints might well be the cause Stu :blush:................but for peace of mind for the future mention to the doc next visit .
hope it clears up . Soda water I find excellent for a good gassy burp which might relieve discomfort .x

stu398
19-04-11, 11:40
Sorry to bring this topic back up, but I've been laying off the booze and the fatty foods etcetc, trying to be good and healthy, but the pain and nausea on the left hand side, under the bottom of the rib cage, etc are still there...My doctor did nothing, just presumes its gastritis, and gave me some Nexium. I've now been taking the Nexium for 9 days or so, and its exactly the same...
Just getting slightly concerned its something serious? Reckon its worth getting a second opinion?
Feel like such a moan, but I was doing so well, and was practically fine, and now this is gnawing at me...

Stu

bronte
19-04-11, 16:02
hi ive had the same pain for months and my gp says its ibs do you have any pain in your lower left too
jayne