PDA

View Full Version : burning in throat and chest

jaynemarie
07-04-11, 14:47
Hello i am just after a bit of advise really. I have been suffering with burning throat and chest for a month or so. It is there almost constantly and my doctor is putting it down to anxiety. I just wondered if anyone else has dealt with this and if anyone can recommend any good meds to take. thanks feeling a bit desperate at mo .:weep:

MidnightCalm
07-04-11, 14:50
i had this for a long time, the best part of a year, it was horrible, one time I rushed to the emergency doctors because it got so bad I actually felt like I was on fire.
I didn't take anything, wish I'd known what there was to help at the time x

uk23
07-04-11, 14:59
Souns a lot like reflux to me.

jaynemarie
07-04-11, 15:29
ok any ideas on what med is best

Pudding
07-04-11, 15:38
Any antacid should do the trick. I suffered with this for years, it's so uncomfortable. You could try Rennies or Settlers or Gaviscon, all readily available in the chemist or Tesco even. Hope you get some relief soon. Fran

jaynemarie
07-04-11, 15:55
Thanks i will anything go its freaking me out, burning sensation. Last health anxiety symptom then on homeward run :)

nomorepanic
07-04-11, 16:30
Try omeprazole for it

uk23
07-04-11, 23:02
I would use either Zantac (OTC) or Milk of Magnesia, tried most others and they didnt really work for me but everyone is different.

jaynemarie
08-04-11, 22:21
Got some omprazole from doctor today so will give it a go. She seems to think the more i relax the better it will get. Vicious circle isnt it x