PDA

View Full Version : rock hard mass in leg? PLEASE HELP

studnutz
07-04-11, 17:48
hello i am kinda new to this site and have been visiting for a few weeks now. i am an 18 year old male, i dont do much exercise but i do go on walks almost everyday and i was wondering if anybody could help me out with some info about a hard mass in my left leg right beside the kneecap on the inside of the leg. it is a very hard ball a little smaller than a golfball and doesnt hurt. i just noticed it lastnight and have been stressing ever since. its very hard like bone but moves a little bit under the skin. it feels fairly deep in my leg not right under the skin almost next to the bone. well if anybody could help me out and ease my mind a little bit i would be very grateful. thank you

ditzygirl
07-04-11, 19:27
Go to a and e in case its a DVT. I am sure it won't be but get checked outx

Rachel_123
08-04-11, 22:43
jesus its not a DVT dont be silly!! you only get DVT's from being in bed rest for days or after surgery .... go to your doc and get him to book an mri if its concerning you x

dread
08-04-11, 22:47
Chances are it's just cartlide around your knee- possible too much of it, or you've had a strain injury or something minor, and pretty common. If it doesn't hurt I doubt very much if it's something serious, but it may be worth seeing a GP for if it wasn't there before. extra knee bits aren't usually a biggie though so I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

Anxious_gal
08-04-11, 23:27
I do think Ditzygirl meant well, her intentions were good I believe.
Lol we are told and by the medical professorials to go to A and E if we have shortness of breath, arm and chest pain etc... imagine if all us anxiety suffers did that!
we basically get the same symptoms of serious illnesses!
Personally I find it very hard sometimes to know the difference between anxiety and something serious,
But we should not diagnose each other with serious things and scare each other!
we should be more aware of how we tend to fear the worst and the last thing a health anxiety suffer needs is to be scared even more.
Anyways I agree with Dread it sounds like too much cartilage, Definitely go to your doctor though :)

shoegal
08-04-11, 23:36
Hi. I think you should go to your Doctor to get it checked out, as with any lumps that you find. You might have knocked yourself without realising it and have a bit of localised swelling, or maybe it's a bit of cartilage as others have said. It could even be a cyst. For years I had a lump at the back of my knee which was the result of a knee injury. Anyway, go and see your GP who will be able to diagnose or rule out any problems.

Eternity
08-04-11, 23:41
Hi
My dad recently had a cyst removed from just beside his knee, was totally harmless and easy to remove. It just appeared and he had it checked out and the doc said he would remove it more because it was annoying than anything else, please don't worry, if nothing else your doctor will be able to put your mind at ease.
Love
Tina x