PDA

View Full Version : constant burping

molly36
07-04-11, 19:42
Hi does anyone else get constant burping and constant feeling of wanting to burp its driving me mad.kind regards molly

molly36
07-04-11, 20:40
anyone xx

Dahlia
07-04-11, 22:28
Hi Molly - have you been feeling anxious recently? It's quite easy to hyperventilate when anxious, or take in too much air - which means you burp a lot :)

I guess otherwise it could be an acid type thing, like indigestion.

flumpkin
07-04-11, 22:51
Hi Molly, yes absolutely! I have had constant burping every day for the last 7 weeks and it is driving me mad. It came on very suddenly and seems to be going nowhere. Dr thinks reflux and so far have been given omeprazole and then lansoprazole and now some liquid stuff but none had any effect. I am due to go back next week. I also have constant abdominal discomfort, like period cramps. Although have had a number of ha episodes over last few years this is the first time I have had these gastro / digestion probs. I don't really have any heartburn though. Hoping just anxiety but wondering if may be triggered by particular food? Obv also have wobbles when I think it is a whole host of nasty things but reassuring myself that dr not overly concerned - just have to go back next week to see what to try next. Hoping not any scopes but think he may suggest it? How long have you had yours? Have you been to drs? Feel free to pm me and hope it goes away for both of us soon xx

uk23
07-04-11, 23:00
I still little idea why doctors give out the *zole's, I tried that and it was horrible, made it worse.

flumpkin
07-04-11, 23:04
I thought it was just me because lots have the 'zoles' and improve. The lansoprazole definitely made my burping worse. Have you found anything that has worked?

nomorepanic
07-04-11, 23:57
Well I found omeprazole really beneficial to me

uk23
08-04-11, 02:23
Well I found omeprazole really beneficial to me

My sister did as well, I think she still takes it. I guess its the same as any medication, everyone is different.

molly36
08-04-11, 10:22
Thanks for all your replies ,i am very gratfull .Just hate this symptom it horrid and makes me so anxious .kind regards molly

punkprincess19
08-04-11, 11:35
Hi Molly

I get this! It's awful! I can't remember the last time i went a day without constantly burping because it's been so long! Hope you find out what's causing it and feel better soon! x

molly36
08-04-11, 14:50
HI thank you for your reply .Do u all also feel the need to burp all the time like just at top of stomach at diaphragm.kind regards molly

punkprincess19
08-04-11, 15:44
HI thank you for your reply .Do u all also feel the need to burp all the time like just at top of stomach at diaphragm.kind regards molly

Yea, i get that all the time. I get pain in my chest on the left (and worry it's my heart) but the doctor says its trapped wind! It's awful, i just can't get it to stop!! I've just started a new diet to see if it helps at all! I'm cutting everything out of my diet and keeping it plain and simple and slowly introducing foods to see how my body reacts to them to see if i have intolerances to some foods!

Do you have any stomach troubles or IBS? x

molly36
08-04-11, 18:13
HI as far as i know i dont have ibs but im beggining to wonder .do u find it worse after u eat like u have to get up and walk around to get the wind up ,its a horrid restricting feeling.I am beggining to think its all to do with gulping air down all the time and taking to deep a breath or holding my breath ,i do all all the time .Wish i just could stop worrying about it and maybe it would go.kind regards molly

punkprincess19
08-04-11, 18:23
HI as far as i know i dont have ibs but im beggining to wonder .do u find it worse after u eat like u have to get up and walk around to get the wind up ,its a horrid restricting feeling.I am beggining to think its all to do with gulping air down all the time and taking to deep a breath or holding my breath ,i do all all the time .Wish i just could stop worrying about it and maybe it would go.kind regards molly

Yea, it's always worse after eating! There's been times where the pain has been almost unbearable and I'll burp loads to try to shift it but then I just end up feeling sick!

I have trouble with my breathing too so I'm seeing a chest physiotherapist soon to try and get my breathing back to normal! I'm not sure if the two are related... maybe they are if you are having the same problems too!

I try to not worry about it but it's not very lady like to be burping all the time! My boyfriend just ignores it now because he knows I can't help it! Sometimes, I open my mouth to say something and a burp just comes out instead! :ohmy: x

molly36
08-04-11, 20:02
HI thanks for replying again.I def am beggining to think its related to breathing as a lot of people on here seem to be suffering from it .I just have to stop obsessing about it as it just making it worse but when you have anxiety this bad its soo hard.kind regards molly

debbsi
10-04-11, 08:53
I've had it for about 10 years!! My dad has it too.
I also used to get a lot of pain - think its too much acid, I found zantac works for me, or andrews liver salts etc
I dont get much stomach pain now, but do get stabbing pain in the chest which is relived by burping, and often in the morning when driving feel quite sick - this is relived by a burp too!!!
Yuck isnt it??

Deb x

Greenman50
10-04-11, 10:01
Had the same for months and months , i,m on lanzoprazole , i think its anxiety related , anxiety kicks off excess acid and this seems to make you burp , mines settled right down now ......eventually

Typer
10-04-11, 13:06
Not all the time, but when my stomach is empty for too long and also after a heavy meal - then come the palps!

Vixxy
10-04-11, 15:09
Every single day! I wake up and burp, I burp as I'm trying to go to sleep. I burp if I've eaten, I burp if I haven't. I burp all the time! and its not normal burps either, they don't seem to want to come out and get stuck in my throat a lot.
My doc told me when we're anxious we swallow air, which is a pretty obvious solution. You're probably swallowing air when you eat too. You can also get air in your stomach if you breathe too deeply and the overflow goes down into your tummy. The final reason I would have is that when we're anxious our stomach gets a bit upset with the acid and such, so it'll be producing more gas than before.
It sucks, but try to make a joke of it with people so that you don't feel embarrassed by it!

Greenman50
11-04-11, 00:15
Every single day! I wake up and burp, I burp as I'm trying to go to sleep. I burp if I've eaten, I burp if I haven't. I burp all the time! and its not normal burps either, they don't seem to want to come out and get stuck in my throat a lot.
My doc told me when we're anxious we swallow air, which is a pretty obvious solution. You're probably swallowing air when you eat too. You can also get air in your stomach if you breathe too deeply and the overflow goes down into your tummy. The final reason I would have is that when we're anxious our stomach gets a bit upset with the acid and such, so it'll be producing more gas than before.
It sucks, but try to make a joke of it with people so that you don't feel embarrassed by it!

Thats a fantastic explaination :yesyes: and i can totally relate to it . I used to swallow air all the time without knowing it , my stomach was "acid" off , my swallowing was pants , its all related .

molly36
12-04-11, 15:08
HI I HAVE BEEN THINKING about the breathing thing for a while thinking it might be this .But i also find after i eat a meal i cant seem to digest it for hours and its just sitting there .I ALSO FEEL EVEN IF I HAVE A SMALL DRINK I NEED TO GET BURP UP AND SOMETIMES IT WONT COME UP.i hate these symptoms they really worry me and are there all day especially after i eat or drink .right at top of stomach.kind regards molly

molly36
08-05-11, 15:59
HI all, i am having such a bad day today with the constant burping and heartburn its making me so anxious as i keep thinking its something awfull.I really mean im burping all the time.Doc says its all down to stress and anxiety but i just dont get that as its so bad.Has anyone else had the burping this bad ,its been going on for about 8 weeks now.kind regards molly xx

molly36
08-05-11, 20:05
Anyone ?

mich85
08-05-11, 21:50
I've had this for a while now, i started with the burping constantly like huge manly belch's so unlady like. i dont eat out just incase!! i have been having loads of pains in the chest, i have cardiology on the 23rd i keep getting so many ectopic beats and they scare the heck out of me. I'm on the antacid tabs the omeprazole ones. i feel your pain, stay strong and carry on going to the doctors till they try and sort the problems out.

its hard i know i'm sat here having ectopics whilst i type but i know what they are and just try to ignore them and the pain in my chest, frustrating isnt it!

hope you feel better soon, keep your chin up hun!

:)

I've had the burps, not as bad, now im on the omeprazole for atleast 6 months, and still trying to get it sorted, try cutting out acidic foods, drink milk and apparently pineapple juice isnt acidic so try that too, read up onj acidic foods and cut them out and see if it makes any difference