PDA

View Full Version : Need some more valium quickly, advice?

laurel
07-04-11, 21:04
OK so I am very phobic of flying but need to do it.

So I went to my GP to ask for some valium. GP was not in favour of prescribing for this problem, and grudgingly gave me 4mg (2 each way). He would not even give me any to try out before hand so I could find out how it affected me (like another OP here I have a huge fear of new meds and there is no way I'd pop one for the first time in an airport!)

So I found some old valium pills I had wussed out of taking in the past - probably still within date but only just. And tonight I finally got the courage to try taking them. Yay!

Sadly though as I feared they are having little to no effect on me. I took the same 2mg my GP reckons will 'get me on a plane' and frankly this is not going to work. However I feel that if I could have some more (I am guessing around 3 times what I have taken now) then I might be OK.

I have until Tuesday evening to get some more pills. And I really think it would be reasonable for a Dr to prescribe me more - even as much as 10 mg each way.

I don't want to go back to the same one though for reasons I won't go into here.

How quickly can I get valium privately and how much will it cost me? My alternative is a friend giving me some. I know this will probably be totally fine but I am not as comfortable with it. I would like to see a Dr who understands my problem properly and be told that it's OK for me to take X amount

Help?

nomorepanic
07-04-11, 21:45
Where are you going to get it from privately?

suzy-sue
07-04-11, 21:55
10mg would be too strong believe me .. I was perscribed 2mg and it had no effect on me either ,and I certainly wouldnt have paid good money for two measley pills .Take some Kalms or quiet life and also take some Bach rescue remedy with you .You should never but pills online so please dont think about that method ..T/c Sue x

laurel
08-04-11, 09:13
Where are you going to get it from privately?

That was sort of my question...

I don't expect to be able to get an NHS appointment between now and Wednesday so I had assumed something of this nature was my only option.

laurel
08-04-11, 09:15
10mg would be too strong believe me .. I was perscribed 2mg and it had no effect on me either ,and I certainly wouldnt have paid good money for two measley pills .Take some Kalms or quiet life and also take some Bach rescue remedy with you .You should never but pills online so please dont think about that method ..T/c Sue x

Kalms. Are you kidding? And where did I say anything about buying pills online?

At this rate I will have to resort to my usual coping strategy of getting blind drunk, lashing out at people and risking arrest. Thanks a bunch NHS.

nomorepanic
08-04-11, 10:49
I would go back and see the doc again and explain all of this. You never know they may help.

Even if you went to a private doctor they would not prescribe it without your GP's consent.

Why not try a relaxation CD on the plane or some Rescue Remedy.

laurel
08-04-11, 11:36
Even if you went to a private doctor they would not prescribe it without your GP's consent.

I was not aware of this so that's helpful information, thank you.

I'm pretty disappointed that you are actually suggesting quack remedies as a moderator of this board though and it's kind of made me lose faith in it a little which is a shame. And for what it's worth I have TRIED relaxation, spent thousands of pounds on hypnotherapy and its ilk (complete rubbish). I feel very ripped off and angry about the whole thing.

Drugs are a last resort for some people and nothing else is ever going to help them (ok sure, I am experienced enough on the subject to know that aversion-type therapy is the best and only true cure for any phobia and I did it over many painful years with the Tube in London but short of a lottery win I am not going to be able to do a short flight every day for six months to 'get myself used to the idea' in the same way).

I can't really go back to my GP as I know they are not helpful about these things and it will only result in a row. But this whole experience has really upset me and I can't believe that people think they have the right to dictate to people what will and won't help them with a fear that ONLY THEY have been struggling with all their life.

nomorepanic
08-04-11, 11:42
I use Rescue Remedy and it helps me a lot so what is wrong with me suggesting it to a member. It is not as though I am pushing addictive medication at you now is it?

I am not sure what advice you are asking for then? I have offered some suggestions and you have thrown them back in my face.

laurel
08-04-11, 11:50
Sorry, have you not heard of anxiety coming out as aggression before? This is how it affects me and I will feel bad about it later.

I am very glad that you find RR and so forth to be helpful but I'm not one of the lucky ones who can believe in it when I know that the science behind it is ill-founded. I suppose I am frustrated and angry that I have tried everything and still can't live a normal life and I can't talk about it to anyone without getting angry. I probably just shouldn't fly but this trip is really important to my partner who was recently diagnosed with a serious illness. I am desperate to do the right things by him and he needs a holiday so badly but for me getting on a plane is a nightmare.

Sorry. Extremely distressed and upset and hurting badly. I didn't mean to be rude.

nomorepanic
08-04-11, 22:35
Apology accepted.

Can you tell me what it is about the flying that worries you.

For me it is being shut in !

suzy-sue
08-04-11, 22:46
Kalms. Are you kidding? And where did I say anything about buying pills online?

At this rate I will have to resort to my usual coping strategy of getting blind drunk, lashing out at people and risking arrest. Thanks a bunch NHS.

Well im sorry if you took my advice the wrong way .But its not unheard of for desperate people to buy Drugs online I just thought id mention it .Valerian is a very potent alternative treament and is an ingredient in Kalms .Tho the pure stuff would be better .Better than drinking too much .Sounds like you are very angry .I hope you manage to get something to help with the flight and im sorry you are having a bad time with all of this .Could you possibly change your GP and find one that is more sympathetic ? Take care & good luck Sue .

Monostich
09-06-11, 21:52
I hate flying and a few years back I was due to fly to Brazil and explained to my GP how bad I get on planes and basically, might do something stupid unless I am relaxed.

He prescribed me 10 x 5mg valium and I had a vodka & orange with 2 of the tablets and enjoyed the whole flight!

Kalms etc do not work for something that is so scary to someone like an airplane flight.

shoegal
09-06-11, 23:18
Unfortunately Dr's these days do not like prescribing Diazepam. I don't understand why they have a problem prescribing small amounts for dealing with phobias though because you would need to be taking high doses for months to become addicted! I have been unable to get any for my severe agoraphobia and I only recently got some on prescription after reaching breaking point and telling my sister I wanted to commit suicide (I didn't really want to, but I said it during a 12 hour panic attack from which I could get no relief). I ended up being seen by the crisis team who have given me Diazepam on the understanding that I take Citalopram. I have been told in no uncertain terms that they won't give me Diazepam if I don't take the Citalopram... so basically I'm being blackmailed. It makes me very cross that a drug that can be very effective for anxiety is denied to so many people when I know of others who are prescribed large quantities for back pain and sleeping problems! Grrrrr etc! :mad:

suzy-sue
09-06-11, 23:32
I was only given 2mg tabs when I went on to Citalopram .They didnt do anything and I had to take two .My Dr wouldnt give me anymore .So I had to get through the ordeal of having nothing .I never take anthing if I can manage without .But so many people have got addicted to Valium and Benzo,s It only takes 4 weeks to be classed as dependant apparently ..They wont perscribe many because of this ,if at all .:lac:Sue

shoegal
09-06-11, 23:42
To be fair, you can't stop taking anti-d's cold turkey and have to be weaned off them slowly so even if you DO become addicted to Diazepam what is the difference really? On my Diazepam packet it says it can be safely used for 3 months without patients becoming addicted, but I was actually only grumbling about the fact that Dr's won't even prescribe them for short term use like for dealing with the side effects of other meds or for dealing with phobias ie a flight. You won't become addicted to Diazepam using it in the short term. And for the record, when I was 17 I was taking 15mg a day for several years and it enabled me to overcome agoraphobia, and when I decided I didn't need it anymore I just stopped taking it. I had no withdrawal symptoms and don't believe I was addicted, but I realise everyone is different.

suzy-sue
10-06-11, 00:03
I was agreeing with you Shoegal ,as I think they have their use .Being addicted to Benzos causes different WITHDRAWAL effects than when you stop SSRI,S as you get a craving with the Benzo.s The withdrawals are much harder with Benzo addiction ..The longer you take Benzos the higher you need to up your dose to get the same effect .Both drugs cause a dependance of sorts ,but for the reasons I stated they replaced the Benzo perscribing with SSRI.S ..Some Drs just wont perscibe them which is silly as it is a very effective drug if used correctly .Sue

lee rowland
16-07-11, 13:20
hi,
sounds like weve both tried everything, and nothing has had the same effect as valium,
i underwent many , many assesments and the drug that came out as the ONLY one to use for my chronic anxiety - or xanex but that has been told to me by my doctor that its not available in the UK,
this illnesss has destroyed my life ,i wasnt that bad in my 20's but since my 30's ive tried EVERYTHING , hypnotism, accupuncture, prayers etc and at the age of 41 ive given up the chane of having a 'normal' life as i spend a fortune on internet valium, as i dont see the point in arguing with a gp,
but its always arisk buying online, ive had an epeleptic fit taking valium from beiing, then my ankles have swollen to twice ther size, breathless and yhought it could be a clot, iwas taken into hospital, where they broke it down with meds over a few days -so im still buying as 60% of valium seems ok, but i want to be able to have a life and get this medication from my own country , uk.
can anybody give me an idea of genuine sources
thanks
lee

AJS
16-07-11, 14:12
i am also scared to fly - i have done it a couple of times to spain - a few years back - before i started getting panic attacks and anxiety. my gp gave me 14 x 2mg diazepam - for a 2.5 hour flight - i took all 7 each way and also had to drink 1-2 small bottles of wine to be able to even get half carried on the plane! I have not been on a flight now for 3 years and am not sure how I will do it again - especially now as i don't drink at all and I am scared of having a panic attack on the plane and wanting off. Me and my partner are getting married in March and he wants to go to america for our honeymoon - I just don't think I will be able to do it - unless the gp would give me a miracle drug to knock me out the whole way and back! I have tried hypnotism for the fear but it didn't really work.
I am thinking of trying one of the fear of flying courses either with ba or virgin - but I am even apprehensive about that!

Oh to be able to buy a new brain that didn't work the way mine does!

Good luck with your flight - i hope you can get the courage (or more tablets) from somewhere!

london
16-07-11, 15:25
dont drink if you want to fight every one after you had a drink

god bless

xhyperyogix
16-07-11, 17:35
itys soo sad they won't give you a small amount oif soemthing thats sooo effective!!! only thing ever worked for me. and its not as if you'll get addicted off it!

xxxx

Hyper x x x:lac:

PanchoGoz
16-07-11, 19:48
Hmmm. Sorry if this sounds ridiculous and I know it doesn't answer your question...
but could you get sleeping pills and sleep through the flight? (then have a strong cup of coffee when you get off?)

Anxious_gal
16-07-11, 20:41
They will not let you fly if you are very drunk, or not very alert!
I saw it in on airport show, the lady was half a sleep, she took something for anxiety , so they wouldn't let her on for safety reasons.

PanchoGoz
16-07-11, 22:38
ah...

shropshire_lad
17-08-11, 21:39
I understand people's frustration on here...

Some doctor's see benzo's as the devil's drug... whilst giving out mind bending AD's like smarties. The safety profile of diazepam seems good compared to some of the drugs doctors are willing to prescribe.

Perhaps I'll change my mind when I eventually try and come of the 5mg a night I take for my insomnia, but diazepam has helped my anxiety, more than any other drug...so I'm in no rush and my GP is happy as long as I stay on the 5mg dosage.

GlenyD
07-09-11, 22:37
They should totally be more understanding about this - I feel your pain. I went through a week last year of absolutely no sleep and hellish anxiety. Screaming out "Jesus Christ!" at 5 in the morning and waking my parents. Not going downstairs - not even showering or anything. Horrible. And still they wouldn't even give me 2mgs of Diazepam for weeks and weeks. It's just rotten. i remember being reallllly worried about flying before I got on a plane, but once you're up in the air it's amazing. At least that's what I found. All the best.

kellyjohn
08-03-15, 16:06
If you want to need more valium, you can buy online. Most of the online pharmacies are provide valium pills

MyNameIsTerry
09-03-15, 05:26
If you want to need more valium, you can buy online. Most of the online pharmacies are provide valium pills

Yes, they do but thats because they tend to have licenses which allow them to import & export prescription medicines. However, Diazepam is a controlled drug in countries signed onto the UN Convention (Convention on Psychotropic Substances of 1971) and this means they are classed as controlled drugs thus subject to criminal law, not the lesser laws that cover prescription medicines. Import it into the UK and Customs will seize it under Schedule 4 of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 & The Misuse of Drugs Regulation 2001 and the US has its own Schedule IV that covers this so I suspect it would be the same over there unless you buy 'inland' so its more a police issue than a customs one however it would still be illegal if the drug is classed as controlled.

The only grey areas seem to be a) doctors prescribing it internationally and b) non controlled Prescription Only Medicines (POM) for personal use which in the UK is an issue subject to a different Act and the MHRA don't seem very interested in enforcing it. However, these are unknowns and without advice from The Home Office, this could still be an offence.

I suggest reading this thread for more information on this:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=165410

Sam123
04-05-15, 19:05
That was posted in 2011. You're 4 years late. You shouldn't have joined here to try and sell your 'vallies'