PDA

View Full Version : Uti??! :O

Hypogirl45
08-04-11, 00:59
K I know Im posting a lot, sorry. Now I think I have a uti. Dont wanna go to the doctor. I get an urge to urinate, then I do and it's like not a lot at all an last time i went it was green and it burned. Can i die if i don't go to the doctor? I googled and it said yes :x

shoegal
08-04-11, 01:10
Take a deep breath. OK, first I need to say that people on this thread are not qualified to diagnose any medical problems. It's impossible for anyone on here to say whether or not you have a UTI. Are you sexually active? Could you have picked up a sexually transmitted disease? Have you been drinking anything different lately or using new meds that could have made your urine appear darker or 'green' as you put it? If you're having problems urinating and it burns and your urine really is green then I would book an appointment with your GP who can send off a urine sample to see if you have an infection. If you have an infection it is EASILY TREATED and is nothing to get worked up about. Most women get them at some time.

PLEASE DON'T GOOGLE YOUR SYMPTOMS. Google is not medically trained to answer your questions and the sites you are most likely to find in the search engines are the ones trying to sell you something. Take what you read on the internet with a pinch of salt (unless I said it, lol). :)

Anxious_gal
08-04-11, 01:45
drink cranberry juice, or go to the pharmacy and get those packets of powered cranberry you mix in water. it stops the bacteria from sticking so helps you flush them out.
go to the doctor if it doesn't get better, bring a urine sample, morning pee,mid flow, he'll test it for bacteria.

uk23
08-04-11, 02:22
If you have IBS there is also a thing called an 'IB', the B standing for bladder. I know when i am bloated I need to pee way more often, sometimes it stings.

Anyway as others have said we are not doctors, best to pop to your doctor and take a urine sample with you. They can do a simple test using a Multistix testing strip to see if there is any bacteria in your urine, if so then they will most likely give you antibiotics, if not then you can calm your mind.