PDA

View Full Version : New but been around many, many years........

jprdy
08-04-11, 04:22
Hi everyone! I just happened on this site when researching for myself. For 30 years or more, I have been trying hard to work with the diagnosis of Clinical Depression and never felt I was winning or in control. In fact I had 3 acute admissions in that time and thought life was the best it could ever be. Long story short..........came to New Zealand and hit another bump. Seen by psychiatrist and psychologist who both disagreed with diagnosis. New diagnosis of GAD related to PTSD and new treatment which includes Venlafaxine. Outcome, "ah, so life can be fun, rewarding and fulfilling!!!!!!" Had a few teething problems with Venlafaxine and tried after two years to ween off but realised I must let it be part of my life forever. No problem with that but still looking to be more alert and less tired all the time so trying different times having read a few posts on here.

nomorepanic
08-04-11, 04:24
Hi jprdy

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

jprdy
08-04-11, 04:28
Thank you for the welcome, Nicola. I look forward to sharing some stuff, too, as time has helped me become aware of a few things.
jprdy

shoegal
08-04-11, 04:34
Hello and welcome to NMP. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm sure you will get lots of support from others on this forum. :welcome:

Vanilla Sky
08-04-11, 09:33
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x