PDA

View Full Version : The Next Step...I'm going to work!

Veronica H
08-04-11, 14:05
I can hardly believe it myself, but as of next Tuesday I will be working part-time as the assistant manager in my local charity shop. I have been into the store for an induction day and my nerves were all over the place needless to say, but I thought of the great Dr Weekes and floated on through it. I am trying not to think too far ahead but am determined to keep going. I am also studying advanced colour therapy and have two weekend courses booked this month and next to get my Reiki level 1 and 2 certificates.....I plan to be a calm buddha by my next birthday:D.

I am posting this to thank everyone who has helped and encouraged me to this point. To new members who are nervously ill I want to say that this will get better. I was totally bewildered and frightened by nervous illness and panic attacks when I arrived here almost three years ago now. No one at my GP practice gave me the information I needed to understand the illness and to work out a way forward...just 3 different types of drugs which only gave short term relief. NMP provided the information and support which made me less fearful and so allowed my nerves to recover over time.

Thanks again to Nicola and the team for all the work you do, and to all of my friends at NMP who have lifted my spirits over the years....I will let you all know how I get on next week.

:bighug1:Vx

sarah1984
08-04-11, 14:10
Congratulations Veronica & best of luck in your new job!:D It always cheers me up to hear a success story - keeps me going in my fight against anxiety. Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

suzy-sue
08-04-11, 14:38
Well done Veronica .:yahoo:Good luck with everything .Luv Sue x:hugs:

LucyR
08-04-11, 16:20
Hi, That is great, you must have a lot of confidence to do it, ive thought about it but im not confident enough to go forward with that. I shy away and I don't like all the gossip in the Charity shops either!

Veronica H
08-04-11, 17:26
:) thanks for the good wishes everyone.

Vx

Granny Primark
08-04-11, 20:35
snap! ive got a job also working in a charity shop. I start tomorrow.
Best of luck to you.:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

LucyR
08-04-11, 21:24
Hi, Is there a wage for doing that or is it just voluntary?

Granny Primark
09-04-11, 07:23
The work im doing is just voluntary but hopefully its a start to getting my life back on track.

JT69
09-04-11, 18:32
Hi Veronica,

Very encouraging post!!! Well done to you...you have come a long way.

I wish you every success going forward and hope all works out for you.

Onwards and upwards....

Jo.xx

Veronica H
10-04-11, 00:02
:)thanks again all, and best wishes with your new job Lynn. :bighug1:

Veronicax