PDA

View Full Version : nellie123

Magic
08-04-11, 14:13
Hello anyone ,
I am in abit of a state. Sorry but I have to get this off my chest so to speak.
As some of you might know my daughter is poorly. I won't go into detail about that so much. She in incontinent due to her illness.
She has been into hospital for six weeks,and has been at her own home with carers for two weeks She has been spending a lot of money on incontinent pants.
So this morning I took it on myself to ring her GP to ask for pads
I won't be able to get a prescription for them for her unless she has a assessment first.
Although she has been incontient in hospital and also at home.
I am so angry. All known ocupational, social workers ,Care nurse and all unsundry know about her condition
Now someone else has to come out to see her.
Shall I leave the soiled bed as evidence? ALSO
As my daghter is always saying she wants to end it all, I'm thinking thats what she will do. I am so worried. Any assurance from anyone?

diane07
08-04-11, 14:16
Hi nellie123

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Magic
08-04-11, 14:19
Thanx Nicola for your pm I do find it very hard sometimes to remember stuff I do hope you ok :hugs:

Magic
08-04-11, 14:21
To Diane 07
not new its me getting old sorry

deepreason
08-04-11, 15:39
Maybe try ringing back and get another appointment with a different GP within the surgery. Make a nuisance of yourself and maybe they'll see sense.
It's so frustrating when we have to jump through silly bureaucratic hoops. :(

nomorepanic
08-04-11, 15:57
Nellie - it was because you posted in the introduce yourself forum that Di greeted you lol.

Maybe move this somewhere else?

Glad you managed to post anyway

Magic
08-04-11, 15:59
Thanx deep reason.
Thats given me an idea. I could visit the GP on her behalf and see whats going on .Her prescription needs sorting out .You would think the GP would automaticlly home visit.We could take her to the surgery but its such a chore as she has reached about 14plus stone and its a bit awkward getting her into the car and she gets so exhausted,and then all hell breaks loose. Its not her though. Its the illness:weep:

suzy-sue
08-04-11, 17:37
My Mother had similar issues with her General practice for Stoma cream . ..Its utterly ridiculous ,as if you dont have enough to contend with ..Id take the dirty sheet with me in a bin liner .Theres no reason for another assesment if shes seen all and sundry .When you go to the Drs mention your worried about her talk of ending it all as well .He may decide she needs an assesment from the mental health team .Sounds like shes frustrated hun ,understandable .Hope everything goes well .,you have a lot on your plate that s for sure :hugs:Sue x

snowgoose
08-04-11, 17:51
Nellie hello:)

this is outrageous!!!
the district nurse can do assessment and the surgery can send one out on Monday at latest .
I am enraged on your behalf that the discharge summary from hospital did not include the need for prescription for pads :mad:

if it were me I would be ringing surgery again ..........but I know the strength to fight such neglect takes tooooooo much out of us . and it is now Friday night .

hope you get it sorted and I feel for you .
:hugs:

ElizabethJane
08-04-11, 18:18
Sorry Nellie I deleted my own message. You should be able to ask for a visit from the continence nurse who will arrange for your daughter to have continence pads for free. EJ.

Magic
08-04-11, 18:52
To Nicola,Sorry again

To Suzy Sue
I'm so glad you understand.
We have an appoinment with said daughter to see someone physco person at another hosp week on tuesday. We have seen them before,in the end they discharged her.I have said it to them many a times that she is depressed,but we get no where,This time I have the messages on my phone to proove what she is saying,so some one better listen.:shrug:
Thank you.

To snow goose
Gp surgery has no district nurse.Last year my daughter had a ulcer on her leg (she feels no pain)I discovered it when I was cutting her toe nails,we took her to walk in centre. They were very good.Then we took her to gp later on, a Sister dressed it and gave me some dressings to do it myself.
Its something to do with the guidelines for all the cuts etc.

It does not help that I have to deal with a lot of verbal abuse from my daughter.The carer did the sheets this morning.I am eternally gratefull to them for that. If we see soiled sheets, she forbids us to use her washer,and i wash them in mine--but she lets the carer use her washer!!!
My husband is the most caring kindest person you could ever meet,but he is begin to crack,and his personality has changed. I would like to give him a big hug but he wont let me get near him.

Sorry to go on--I am feeling sorry for myself AGAIN
Will sort it.
Thank you

Magic
08-04-11, 18:58
To EJ
Hope you ok
thanks for post. I only know that some one will be going to asess her first.
When I don't know.Will get on to them if no one turns up soon.
Take carexx

macc noodle
09-04-11, 00:38
Nellie

Just wanted to send you a big hug and wish you well with all of this - it seems you are having a really tough time and hope you manage to get something sorted for your daughter's needs. It really is a disgrace that she has to buy her own pads (although nothing surprises me with NHS these days).

Jan
x