PDA

View Full Version : promethazine (phenergan)

ElizabethJane
08-04-11, 15:25
I have been prescribed promethazine hydrochloride 25mg for my sleep problems. I have great difficulty going to sleep and staying asleep. I have previously taken zopiclone 3.75mg tablets which work well although I still wake up in the early hours. They leave me feeling spaced out and drowsy in the morning. I know this an older type of sedative/anti hystamine and I was wondering whether anyone had had any success with this for sleep problems? EJ.

Magic
08-04-11, 21:38
hi Elizabeth Jane
I also have sleep problems. I thought I had tryed all the different sleeping tabs, but I carnt remember taking the one you mentioned.
I used to have ativan years ago but it was banned through miss use from our surgery.although I never did miss use them myself.
The current one i'm on is called Nitrazepam, i think they are the old mogadon. I take 10mg at night.sometimes they work sometimes they don't.
If I cannot get to sleep with meds I usualy get up and have a cup of warm milk with honey, the only trouble is if I go back to bed and sleep I cannot get up very early. .I don't go to bed till late anyway
Sorry I cannot tell you anything about your tabs
All the best
helen

ElizabethJane
08-04-11, 22:15
Hi again Nellie I remember mogadon or 'moggies' as we used to call them. They used to work well but I think they are addictive like most sleeping pills. Getting to sleep is the problem and I stress so much at the moment. I'll continue with the zopiclone until I have the phenergan dispensed. I can't drink hot milk and I know I should try a 'winding down' technique first. Sleep well. EJ.

Magic
09-04-11, 16:09
Hello Elizabeth Jane
Sorry you are under such stress. I hope your meds work for you. I could not cope without sleep. I have been on different tablets over the years, most of them are addictive,but what else is there?I have tried all health shop remedies and nothing has worked from there.Spent a fortune as well.Not recomending any one to take drugs for sleep though,But I am to old to change now

Will be thinking of you .:flowers:
helen