PDA

View Full Version : New to here-but an old pro at Anxiety!

Badger74
08-04-11, 15:38
Hello all

Just found this forum today; can't believe i didn't look for one before! So pleased to have found you all. I've had anxiety/panic attacks/agoraphobia for about 17 yrs now, at best: not very often, at worst: being signed off work for over a year and everything in between!
ATM, i'm working, but really struggling as the summer/hotter months approach. I was so pleased to find a post about this earlier, as i have been to support groups and never found anyone who dreads the summer like i do. I've had a few bad things happen in these mths and just can't get the association out my head :(
I made real progress this winter, but it hasn't helped a bit, now that its really hot already down here on the south coast, i'm feeling completely terrible again.
Anyway; looking forward to speaking with you all now. Thanks for reading!

diane07
08-04-11, 15:39
Hi Badger74

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

pollyanna
08-04-11, 16:35
hi badger and welcome, im sure you will find this forum useful..

Vanilla Sky
09-04-11, 11:23
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

JT69
09-04-11, 18:23
Hi Badger,

Welcome to NMP. Brilliant site with lots of help and support from people who know what you are going through!!!

Jo.xx

sugar88
11-04-11, 08:48
hi, i used to be very worried about anxiety, like some mental sickness, but its pretty common.. :)