PDA

View Full Version : ok confused opinions please

scaredstiff695
08-04-11, 17:43
hi all, as you no ive been bad for a week or so wiyth my anxiety levels.

anyway crisis team came out todya and i was very different and slept last night.
they spoke to me and said they are wanting to ru n tests on me they are concerned about the treatment i recieve is wrong and i may have been missed diagnoised.

i do everything 100 miles an hour hence my typing etc ive always been like tha and get anxious and ill when i cant and believe im dying.

anyway i asked what this ment they said loads of things i could hvave high amounts of adrenaline or even bipolar. they just said that i should have been looked ta more years ago instead of bening dismissded. i asked about a tumor on my adrenaline glan (heard about these but never worried) or something along this nature they said its a possibility.

im happy taht im getting help but feel strange just wondered if anyone had ever experinces like mine.

basically i have had anxiety since 2003 but it comes in waves when im stressed alone unhappy. if im ok i plod along if my routine is disturbed too much or i et over stressed then i get tired down ill etc etc then my anxiety heightens and i lose myself alittle.

i was always told i have health anxiety but they said they are not questioniung this just tahyt there seems to be more too it xx

also can anyone offer advice on my breathing.
just so scared im going to stop. and convinced that every now and then i am stopping cos it feels like i do and then i gasp for air is this even possible or am i over thinking too much and making myself do it? worried lady xx
sorry its soo long winded and thank you for anyone who takes the time to red xx

blueangel
09-04-11, 18:37
OK, I'm not a medic but I think I can explain a bit about breathing. It's one of our autonomic functions - in other words, breathing is hard-wired into the brain stem at a really basic level. We don't have a choice whether we do it or not, which is why little kids having tantrums can only hold their breath for a couple of minutes at the most. Our brains MAKE us breathe, simple as that. What can happend though, is that we become hyperaware of our breathing, and I think many of us on here have personal experience of that.

If the crisis team are helping you out, I think that's really good news as you now have some people who can sort you out. If you do end up with a diagnosis of bipolar disorder, don't forget that this is really, really common (and treatable). I can think of at least 4 people I've known in my life who are bipolar, and they're all pretty stable as long as they keep up with the medication.

If you've been like this since 2003, I would have thought that it's pretty unlikely you have an adrenal tumour as it would surely have got a lot worse in 7/8 years.

Hang on in there, and let us know how you get on.

scaredstiff695
10-04-11, 21:16
hi,
huni thank you
okthey are now syaing its not adirenaline but more then likely my moods, howevere they are saying bipolar could be a option but i dont totally fit the criteria.

basicall this i swhat happens.

when i get stressed out and things get too much for me i start going into myself a bit and stop doing certain things and just cruising through life, then aboyut a week later i get hit with severe panic attacks normally alsting about a week maybe two then i start fixating on something.

so i have had 5 episodes like this

first was brain tumor
second was dvt
third was brain hemmorage
four was swineflu
five was my latest of breathing issues.

after my apanic episodsa and my fixation starts i tend to get unwell for afew days .i.e this time ifelt drained completekley coughing amd lost my voice.

slowly starting to feel better.

i haev no idea why this happens, dont get me wrong in and out oif these episodes i suffer but with mild anxiety depending on my moods mainly stress. alot of things after my episodes i complain about feel bored and isolated. so its like my mind wonders and tries to fixate. i can tell you exaactly where my fixations came from.

first a tumor removed as a child and always palyed on my mind it wasnt cancerous
second corantion street
third a friend told em a story
fourth read a story i n the paper
and this one i read on here about sleep apena and ithen i fixated on my bretahing xx

ciriss are now going to monitior my daily life and my stresses.
xxx

sorry very very long winded xx

Anxious_gal
10-04-11, 23:28
I always saw bipolar as mania and depression, one week you are manic, happy , extreme, do things without thinking, the next week you are too depressed to get out of bed and feel tired all the time. theres also rapid cycling where you can shift between the two moods in a day.

it seems your high anxiety causes paranoia or causes you to fixate on something, basically health anxiety.
Although maybe there are considering the high and anxiety and then depression as some form of bipolar.

there is a form of PMS where it can affect your mental health and really alter your moods but I assume you would know if your period made a big different in your moods.

its good you get to get retested, they might do better job this time around.
I think sometimes health professionals aren't used to seeing people with high anxiety so maybe they tend to just make extra sure they aren't missing anything.

uk23
10-04-11, 23:38
"comes in waves when im stressed alone unhappy. if im ok i plod along if my routine is disturbed too much or i et over stressed then i get tired down ill etc etc then my anxiety heightens and i lose myself alittle."

Thats sounds like myself, I have OCD, GAD, Bipolar and BPD if thats any help.

From what I understand though, its very normal with anxiety in some people for it to come and go like that.

scaredstiff695
10-04-11, 23:43
yeah, well some say its bi polar but only recently ha sthis been said to me xx

but others say its extreme abnxitey
just wnat a decisoin then i cna deal with it lolx xx

allergyphobia
11-04-11, 14:54
"comes in waves when im stressed alone unhappy. if im ok i plod along if my routine is disturbed too much or i et over stressed then i get tired down ill etc etc then my anxiety heightens and i lose myself alittle."

Thats sounds like myself, I have OCD, GAD, Bipolar and BPD if thats any help.

From what I understand though, its very normal with anxiety in some people for it to come and go like that.

Hi scared,

this sounds like me too, but i have not been "diagnosed" with anything, just a little mild depression and anxiety leading to a phobia. like piers said i think it is normal for anybody who has their defences down, e.g. stressed/alone/unhappy or whose routine is disturbed to then feel tired/down/ill and a result your anxiety heightens.

i understand you would like a diagnosis but don't put too much weight on labels...

hope you feel better soon
x

scaredstiff695
11-04-11, 17:07
yeah i no your right, i guess i just want the right treatment more than whats wrong. like the crisis team said that they wanted to keep a eye on me,. a lady come out yesterday as planned and said we are happy with you but still keeping you on for a while untill they have subsided adn we determine how to get you help..

happy with that
she then said ring tomorow to let us no how you are and if your fine we wont come out. we are trusting you to ask for help but we will coe out tuesday to check on you in your home

fine with taht
ring up today a lady says hello who aer you so explain she was like oooo ok dont no about that or uyou ringing..

mmmm so do you no what the plan is lol

spo she desided to leave it and for someone else to ring me n morningmmmmm