PDA

View Full Version : Pressure in head

Sammylou
08-04-11, 18:04
Ok, I have been doing ok of late, I quit my job which I hated, got alot of things off my chest and have been managing to ignore my anxiety. My life is good at the minute I have a new job and have no worries (or so i thought) but I have developed this wierd pressure type feeling in my head. My head feels heavy and I feel spaced out not dizzy just wierd. I suppose I am now worrying as I have never had this feeling before. How come this symptom had decided to appear, I have felt happy the last week or so, so dont understand it. Im terrified that I will pass out or crash my car. I dont sleep very well and have had a busy week, 5 days induction training for my new job! can anyone offer some advice or reassurance, I take 50 mg sertraline daily x

paula lynne
09-04-11, 08:14
Hi Sammy, congratulations on your new job x
I think with anxiety, sometimes our brain finds it difficult to distinguish from Eustress (good stress that we need to motivate us) and Distress (the horrible anxiety stuff)....I think maybe at this exciting and challenging time you are having anxiety related symptoms. Obviously lack of sleep is not helping. Im sure this is temporary and will pass as you settle down into your new job.
Obviously, if the feeling continues see your GP for advice.

All the best in your new job!:yahoo: