PDA

View Full Version : Depersonalization

bajope
08-04-11, 20:37
I'm having really bad depersonalization and it's scaring me. I could use some reassurance from anyone who has had this. :weep:

Thank you!

Anxious_gal
08-04-11, 23:34
I had it bad for a few days, sometimes I get it only for a few minutes.
Personally it just feels likes something is not quite right, I'm highly aware of my thinking and any odd thoughts I get.
It's scary, it feels scary.
Every thing feels odd, like if I am washing up I have a weird sense my movements aren't quite right.
at times it can feel like your trapped in some sort of dream world.
It is common and normal, most of us here anyways have had it, some more often than others.
make sure you are getting enough sleep, as I find lack of sleep makes me feel worse.
try accept that you do feel like this now and it will pass, try not to focus too much on yourself, try and find a task or distraction :)

PumpkinPie
06-07-11, 17:38
I had it bad for a few days, sometimes I get it only for a few minutes.
Personally it just feels likes something is not quite right, I'm highly aware of my thinking and any odd thoughts I get.
It's scary, it feels scary.
Every thing feels odd, like if I am washing up I have a weird sense my movements aren't quite right.
at times it can feel like your trapped in some sort of dream world.
It is common and normal, most of us here anyways have had it, some more often than others.
make sure you are getting enough sleep, as I find lack of sleep makes me feel worse.
try accept that you do feel like this now and it will pass, try not to focus too much on yourself, try and find a task or distraction :)

I get this feeling a lot and have never really known what it is so it's kind of nice to have a name for it! It's the weirdest thing and can be very scary but it's good to know that lots of others on here not only suffer it but get through it

I wish I'd found this site sooner than a couple of days ago! :flowers: