PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations/ectopics only at night

kelm24
08-04-11, 22:43
Hello again I am just wondering if anyone else gets palpitations or ectopics only when dozing off to sleep as I think I have been experiencing them but it is only at night when I am just drifting off to sleep I wake up suddenly feeling like my heart has stopped or is going to I dint get it every night more when I'm more tired due to having a new baby or if I haven't drank much I had a ECG 3 yrs ago as suffer with anxiety and it was all fine so I doubt anything had changed since then I also had a c section 9 wks ago so I'm sure then if something was wrong it would of been picked up then I just want some reassurance as it's getting to me and I just want to enjoy my new baby and not worry that I'm going to die

macc noodle
09-04-11, 00:29
I would guess that it is just a bit of hormonal induced anxiety after having the baby and nothing to worry about.

When our hormone levels fluctuate, it can cause anxiety and should settle down once your body has recovered from having the baby. :D

Also, it may well be a reaction to having the c-section or even a bit of anxiety about the responsibility of the new baby or just that you are plain exhausted from having the baby.

Try and look after yourself - try and have some rest when the baby sleeps - curl up with a mag and a nice cup of tea and forget about the chores for an hour or two.

Jan
x

kelm24
09-04-11, 00:47
Thanks jan I think u maybe right in just such a worrier and always think the worse xx

uk23
09-04-11, 01:33
I wrote this on another post but it might help you.

My GP once explained that the average human heat beats nearly 3 million times a month and that most adults will have a few ectopic beats every day, he said that if you notice its getting more and more then ask to have it looked at but even 100 a day is still only about 0.10% of the total average.

Not sure if that helps but I found it very interresting.