PDA

View Full Version : pain

bronte
09-04-11, 11:11
Hi does any other ibs sufferer get ibs pain everyday all day to some degree i am trying so hard to get my HA under controll and get on with my life but the pain is hloding me back anyone else the same x
jayne x

rosebud
09-04-11, 11:43
i don't get pain everyday but i do get symptoms of one sort or another everyday and have done for months x

missykat
09-04-11, 11:55
i used to get pain everyday with ibs. depends on ure diet really u should find out what foods flare ures up, mine is white bread, pizza, and potatoes. i cut all those out and im absolutely fine :)

nikkinik
09-04-11, 13:16
I either get pain, bubbling and rumbling, or other things.. No day where Im not reminded I have ibs.

I had to cut out dairy.. was fine for a while, till more symptoms
Then cut out wheat.. was fine for a while, till symptoms flared up..
Then cut out potatoes/chips etc.. fine for a while till more symptoms/flare up.. Ive also reintroduced these things and it makes matters worse. I feel like Im just up against my own body.

You get the picture!

Tried allsorts, supplements etc, dietician. Nothing works for any length of time.

I hate it when people say its just your diet, or its just in your head/anxiety.. Im almost living off w/f pasta and tuna (boring), and Im still not ok. So diet works for some, but not for all. I also have periods of no anxiety or stress at all and still get it, so its not me/in my head either. Im underweight too btw.

I also dont drink, smoke or eat any sweets etc.

Who knows, but what I do know is it just fuels my HA and crohns worry!

You arent alone.

bronte
09-04-11, 17:06
i know how you feel nikkinik i can never forget i have ibs because im constantly reminded of it it doesnt seem to matter what i cut out or how anxious i am i still get it
jayne x

missykat
09-04-11, 17:11
have u tried any of those tablets for it?? they usually work ask in the chemist

bronte
09-04-11, 17:38
i have buscopan and colpermin they sometimes work but not all the time im so fed up of being in pain
jayne x

blueangel
09-04-11, 18:28
I had a really bad spell where for weeks on end I was in almost constant pain. I would be OK-ish after I went to the loo in the morning (although sometimes the pain would be back within a few minutes), and then it would be there pretty much all day in varying degrees. At its worst, it was bad enough to put me in a cold sweat, which I found really alarming.

The problem with IBS is that it's so unpredictable; I have no clear idea of what the triggers are (although stress and anxiety will definitely make it worse), but at the moment I've got no correlation with food at all. as a general rule, if my stomach's upset I'm actually better if I try eat regularly, as stuff tends to pass through me quickly and I need to top myself up.

I've managed to have two months without any pain or strange bowel movements (although the gut noises/wind seem ever-present), but the last few days I've been quite uncomfortable. I'm hoping that this is because I'm near my period, so will have to keep my fingers crossed.

bronte
10-04-11, 10:52
thanks blueangel i just keep thinking its got to be something serious because of the pain im in x