PDA

View Full Version : dizzyness after stopping cipralex

dabrucru
10-04-11, 08:37
hi peeps,

after feeling well and 7 months of 10 mg cipralex my doctor and I decided to stop them, so i have done 2 weeks on half dose and stoped. now sometimes i feel a little dizzy and lightheaded, its not all day but sometimes durig the day, especially when i wake up from bed. my anxiety is not completely gone, i still have those bad days, but better than before. i can manage it without meds. any help pls?

thanks a lot

david:shades:

iamspartacus
10-04-11, 20:45
Its withdrawal. You sometimes get head "whooshes" and sometimes trails in your vision when you turn your head too quickly. These should subside over the next few weeks. Imo, doctors dont know what it feels like to take these meds and I think they pull people off way too fast. If the feelings are unbearable, try coming down slower over a longer period. This should 'bring you down' gently without causing a relapse. There is no need to rush coming off, especially when you have put such hard work into getting to where you are now.

nomorepanic
10-04-11, 22:17
2 weeks to reduce to nothing is a bit too quick in my opinion so yes it is withdrawal

dabrucru
11-04-11, 08:14
@iamspartacus ,you are totally right...noone knows what it feels like unless one ha experienced it...nicola, maybe i sould start taking the half dose again until these vertigos stops

thanks for your answers btw