PDA

View Full Version : just started 10mg lexapro, jaw clenching and muscle aches??

Rachel_123
10-04-11, 09:27
hi guys, this is my first time taking lexapro. im on it for 2months to tide me over my exams... took it for the first time yesterday and doc warned me my anxiety would be worse so i took lexotan(bromazopam) 3mg with it... anxiety has been so bad, but worst of all im getting this weird jaw clenching almost lock jaw and my muscles are all crampy and stiff. any idea what this is about and will it go away?

rooby
10-04-11, 21:37
it should go away or at least get better, except for me I still clench at night and unfortunately wake with really achy jaw and sometimes headache. Its a shame cos they are a good med for anxiety. I would recommend you give it a few weeks to see if it goes away. The muscle aches will def go. I got valium to take with mine at first and still take the odd one when feeling really bad. Just had my dose upped to 15mg.
All the best for you

Anxious-in-Canada
11-04-11, 13:47
The jaw clenching can be more a symptom of anxiety than the meds...but it does subside considerably over time (and for some completely disappear).

Hang in there the days will get better and better...

Rachel_123
13-04-11, 21:19
its deff not my anxiety, my symptoms would be more to do with the stomach etc .. so i guess i just wait it out and hope it goes away! thanks guys

Anxious-in-Canada
14-04-11, 14:34
True give it some time...

The jaw clenching is very common for us all suffering anxiety...

If you can, a massage for TMJ (massages focused on the jaws and scalp) can be very soothing and help you ease some of the built up tension...

Take care

Rachel_123
14-04-11, 20:58
brilliant thanks for the tip ill try that!!