PDA

View Full Version : Morning Anxiety :(

honeyp1e
10-04-11, 11:05
Good morning (well bad for me right now)
I've started getting really bad morning anxiety every morning i wake up fine then soon as my mind realises i feel fine i just start to panic over nothing at all and then i have the worse time my heart pounds and mind races and every1 is asleep so i just try and ignore it sometimes i can but how do you cope with your morning anxiety ??

pinkdove
10-04-11, 11:58
Hi, I have the same as you in the mornings, sometimes it can last into the afternoon, although i am feeling better after 6 months on citalopram, the mornings are still hard. I find keeping busy helps, in fact i still find it hard to relax and do nothing when i get up, i sometimes wonder if i need to increase my dose by 10mg to sort this out, but taking 50mg a day seems high enough. what medication are you taking? I hope you're mornings get better soon, but you are not alone i think it is very common with people who have anxiety issues. take care:hugs:

honeyp1e
10-04-11, 13:48
Hi, I have the same as you in the mornings, sometimes it can last into the afternoon, although i am feeling better after 6 months on citalopram, the mornings are still hard. I find keeping busy helps, in fact i still find it hard to relax and do nothing when i get up, i sometimes wonder if i need to increase my dose by 10mg to sort this out, but taking 50mg a day seems high enough. what medication are you taking? I hope you're mornings get better soon, but you are not alone i think it is very common with people who have anxiety issues. take care:hugs:

Am also on citalopram only been on them now 2weeks and feeling better in some ways but the mornings are sometimes hard I get this nervous sickly belly feeling just above my pubic line I don't no if this is my ibs or still the anxiety It just feels like its shaking that sickly scared feeling but I get this all the time soon as my anxiety starts and it started around 4 this morning I did manage to go bk asleep but still had it wen I woke bk up this is the hardest times early mornings and late at night at night when the house is silent xx

Spy
10-04-11, 13:56
Hi,

I was having a really bad problem with morning anxiety too, it would last for hours sometimes, the only thing I found to help would be to do some progressive muscle relaxation in the morning and force myself to be active, even if it was just doing the washing up.

xx

honeyp1e
10-04-11, 14:02
Hi,

I was having a really bad problem with morning anxiety too, it would last for hours sometimes, the only thing I found to help would be to do some progressive muscle relaxation in the morning and force myself to be active, even if it was just doing the washing up.

xx

Yea I find if I sit and dwell on it it just gets worse xx

It usually only comes on when am first up on my own x

JT69
10-04-11, 15:57
Distraction is key with morning anxiety...then before you know it it has gone away...until the next morning when it starts all over again!!

Jo.xx

Boos Mum
10-04-11, 16:51
I have this when I first get up, I have to get my beta blocker in my to try to control my heart rate, I just got up and feel awful, so I totally know how you feel

wenlast
12-04-11, 16:02
Jon the club,I have had anxiety in the mornings for years if I have something to look really forward to some thing that day it does not affect me,I have to have a fag myself.