PDA

View Full Version : anyone else !!!

cassie1975
10-04-11, 13:35
Just wondering! had a few bad days and feel like my head is caving in, I am convinced my husband has skin cancer i cant think any other way, he went to the doctors a couple of weeks ago with some spot/bumps on his face and head. she didnt know what they were but said dont worry unless they have got bigger, they havent but i have noticed more !!! My anxiety seems to be ALL to do with my husband i have suffered personal health anxiety now its all focused on him has anyone else had this !!! I made the mistake of going on websites looking for skin cancer pictures and its killing me not to get back on and search again. I just want something to tell me what it is and that i am wrong !!! Any advice for a woman who is losing grip !!!

RosieXXX
10-04-11, 19:38
Hello Cassie,

It is only natural to be concerned about the the health of a loved one, and because you suffer from anxiety your worry is likely to be magnified, and all the usual irrational thoughts will come into play. Google, as you know feeds the anxiety and definitely should be avoided. The good news is your Doctor has seen your husband, and wasn't overly concerned, so she certainly doesn't think it is cancer. We always imagine the worse case scenario, and I know how difficult it can be to keep a level head when the worry becomes so overwhelming, but try to trust your doctor's opinion. I hope you will be feeling less anxious soon :hugs:

kibbutz83
10-04-11, 19:44
Hi Cassie, I just wanted to say that I do this with both my son, and my partner.. and yes it's hideous! It becomes an obsession, and gets bigger and more frightening. I think mine has improved since I've been taking venlafaxine... I tend not to focus on the negatives so much now :) Could your husband maybe get a second opinion from a dermatologist?

cassie1975
11-04-11, 08:24
Thanks for your replies, I do agree its becoming a bit of an obsession, I am waiting for some CBT I hope it works i need to get out of this train of thought. Kibbutz I would love to get another opinion but my husband it not happy I am making him go to the doctors again. I am going to make it my target to stay off the internet looking for symptoms and pictures. Thanks again !!!

shoegal
11-04-11, 10:55
Hi. I read your previous post about this. Your husband has harmless skin tags which is a normal part of aging for some people. It's nothing sinister, it's not contagious and no harm will come to your husband. Please don't google symptoms and do try to put things into perspective. Your husband has been seen by a Doctor who was sure that the skin tags were harmless. Doctors DO NOT send people away if there is anything that needs investigating! Please stop worrying about this. Your husband is fine. :flowers:

cassie1975
11-04-11, 12:19
Hi shoegal, i know what you are saying because that was the only way i could describe them! but they are like skin spots with a hole in the middle not your normal everyday skin tags. I know this is my health anxiety working overtime! I am trying to think positive and convince myself if it was anything serious they would be growing in size (Maybe? i dont know enough about cancer ) I am more concerned because he has more of them. I have been looking at positive thinking and relaxation to take my mind off it. I thank you for your reply because even though people tell me i should not worry at the moment that it all i do !!! But its nice that people reply and it does make me feel a little better