PDA

View Full Version : need some advice

snowgoose
10-04-11, 18:21
hi ,
I really would like any advice today ...really need it to give me kick up the rear .

it is a gorgeous day ..I am now progressing to my hubby leaving me alone in the mall for 15 minutes :lac:.........but getting there slowly .
but I am so lacking in interest or energy to do garden or house work ........nothing stimulates me anymore .........it is an effort :blush:...........and I dont feel anything makes me interested anymore .

will this pass ? I loved my garden in times past ........liked to keep my house nice .......oh god what has happened to me ?
is it just laziness ? cos I can be very lazy .
please ..............anyone who answers give me your thoughts truthfully :flowers:
so need for recovery to get past this
thank you ............it matters to me ....and then I can help others hopefully .
xxx

Magic
10-04-11, 19:15
Hello Snowgoose
Are you on any medication? Sounds like you have depression. Consider
A visit to you GP and tell them exactly how you feel,
Have you been overdoing it and you are exhausted?
you don't sound too good to me

Kells81
10-04-11, 19:19
Hi Snowgoose

I think it is quite normal to feel like that when you are suffering with anxiety.

It is such a stessful, hard thing to go through that it is bound to make you feel down.

You are doing the right thing though by setting yourself goals liek being at the mall on your own for 15 mins.

The more you start taking control of your anxiety the better you will start to feel in every aspect of your life and you will enjoy gardening once again!

Dont give up-you can do it!! :hugs:xx

Hazel B
10-04-11, 19:25
Hi, please let your GP know you feel like this if you haven't been already, there is so much that can help.

I'm not a doctor but not getting pleasure from anything sounds like you need help with this.

Take Care.

snowgoose
10-04-11, 21:48
thank you for your replies Nellie,Kells and Hazel xx

I am on Dosulopin at night now only ...........was on successfully lofepramine during the day a few years back .
I am going to go back to doctor I think ................this lethargy is not right .......yes anxiety is draining ...........but I feel I am walking in sand sometimes .
thank you for answering:flowers:........and I hope you are having good days and are well . xx

Anxious_gal
27-04-11, 05:16
Wow I get that feeling, where I'm not interested in anything, like nothing cheers me up or gets me excited as much.
I think I have become somewhat emotionally numb from all the anxiety.
I think its hard to feel a lot of things when your so anxious, like your body and mind almost feels like it just wants to sleep off the anxiety.
It's hard to get exited though, when a lot of things cause you anxiety, like meeting friends, going out, you start to worry about getting anxious and letting people down,
I'm really struggling to stay in contact with my friends, I feel so ungrateful as I'm lucky to even have friends, but the anxiety makes me want to hide away rather than to go out and have fun.
If you can find anything at all that makes you a little bit happy, like buying a dvd, or a new top or taking a bath.
for me I love my coffee in the morning, It's the one thing I always look forward to!
I stick to one cup due to the anxiety lol.
hope your doing ok :hugs: