PDA

View Full Version : itchy dry skin

holly87
10-04-11, 20:45
does anyone get itchy dry almost sore skin? its driveing me mad now itching all the time .. and worrying me :(

iamspartacus
10-04-11, 20:49
anxiety can cause skin rashes and dry patches. On your own, you can use E45 cream or aqueous cream, or alternatively, go to your GP who may prescribe a 1% hydrocortisone steroid cream. Stress can often cause or worsen skin complaints.

holly87
10-04-11, 21:08
thanks for reply. im trying to stay away from docs lol but ill try some cream x

Anxious_gal
10-04-11, 23:31
Could try baby oil in the bath or after the shower, it will make the shower floor slippy if you use it while in the shower.
natural things like yogurts and honey are said to be good for the skin.
Also Vaseline it good for elbows and knees.
ask in the pharmacy to recommend you some creams.
its just dry skin and dry skin itches :hugs:

mercer88
11-04-11, 01:07
Did you not already post about this (or similar) in another post? Did you look at the advice in your other post on this topic?

If you are seeking advice and are unhappy with your replies, you can always bump up an old post by replying to your other thread, but I am sure the people who reply to you would like to know that you have at least read their advice and taken it on board, even if it doesn't necessarily give you the reply you're looking for.

shoegal
11-04-11, 01:10
Hi. I replied to your other thread about this. Do you know that anxiety causes eczema and you could make it worse if you use perfumed soaps or lotions on your skin? Is the skin red or cracked at all?

holly87
11-04-11, 12:21
yeh i posted a simular post about skin cant remember what i said but i cant find it :/ so i posted again.. i was panicing last night you see :( just feels irritated and itchy. mainly on my carfs but i have used fake tan but its never botherd my skin before now or do you think ive gotten more sensative now? and my arms came out in a rash saturday and itched but then it went . it puzzles me. x

hello
11-04-11, 13:58
hello, if you used fake tan on your arms aswell then i would definately say it was that!you could try put a very small amount on a section of skin and then see if it makes the rash come back.i get itchy exczema on my finger knuckles regulary, e45 and vaseline just seem makes the affected area feel a bit clammy but i find 'Hc45 hydrocortisone cream' really helps alot, you can buy it without prescription.

Em.ma
11-04-11, 16:11
Hi. i had sore burning skin and used e45 which cleared it up. great stuff. i recommened it. also use there shower cream- expensive but really good.