PDA

View Full Version : Weird Dreams

Eternity
11-04-11, 03:01
Hi, I was hoping someone would be able to offer some advice. I have recently changed from citalopram to venlafaxine and whilst the awful withdrawal from citalopram seems to have stopped I've been having some very strange dreams. These aren't nightmares just very vivid, strange and slightly disturbing. They wake me up (hence why I'm on here at 3am lol) and find it difficult to get back to sleep. It's very annoying as I work full time time and am constantly shattered as the other side effect I seem to have from these is insomnia, I've had a few nights last week where I didn't sleep at all so to finally get to sleep and then have these dreams is really getting me down. Sorry if this doesn't make much sense. Can anybody help?
Love
Tina x

Anxious_gal
11-04-11, 04:13
Do you think the meds are causing the dreams? You can usually tell as the dreams tend to feel different from your usually dreams.
I would mention them to your doctor, not sure how long you have been on the meds but it can take a couple of months for your body to adjust and the side effects should lessen.
Sorry I don't really have any great advice for.
I do get vivid very detailed/long story type dreams, I wake up feeling a bit freaked out , some times the realness of the dreams can take a few minutes to go away.

blueangel
11-04-11, 10:13
I have spells of very weird dreams as well - I'm in one at the moment as I've just moved house and I would guess that they've been caused by my brain trying to adapt to a new environment. I had a particularly unpleasant one last night about a guy trying to attack me, so I hope I manage to forget it soon.

Michiel
14-04-11, 08:19
Hey Tina,

Venlafaxine can cause you to have weird dreams. I think it even says so on the leaflet of Venlafaxine. This is normal. I had some of the coolest dreams when I was on Venlafaxine. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. :)