PDA

View Full Version : Pregabalin Works!

bonzo
11-04-11, 05:04
Hey folks I've been on pregabalin for just about 2 years now and I am totally anxiety free completely I take 150MG TDS and it is a superb drug absolutely no side effects whatsoever its great I am now completely anxiety free :D If you can get it take it!

JT69
11-04-11, 17:46
Brilliant positive post!!! Encouraging to those of us taking pregabalin. Do you know it it can be taken long term and if so if there are any health risks??? Also do you take it along with anything else?? I take it along with mirtazipine but am hoping to wean off the mirtazipine very soon and just take pregabalin.

Thanks.
Jo.xx

sunset30
09-05-11, 16:30
Hey Bonzo
You might be the person to speak to as i started taking Pregabalin nearly for weeks age my doctor wants me to stay on the dose of 75mg until i see him next week to asses the meds agian then.

I'm not sure if i'm on the right road felta bit wobbly and slight drunk feelings and very tired week 1 and 2. Have a few giggles started getting my sex drive back which is great felt more like they were doing something but not sure. But weeks 3 -4 felt lik ei had a bit of a up when he uped my dose fro 50mg to 75mg in week 3 for to days and i feel a be flat not sure how im feeling havent really left my flat for a week just dont feel bothered to do much but slightly aggitated (but was on and of from start like i had to be doing something). No sure if these are for me but i'm on right road for anti-anxiety drugs. I feel bloated noticed i've put on more wieght waves of scoffing and then not so hungry, excessivly smoking more. With no real urge to go out and felt a tad emotinal yesturday.
Asked my family what they had noticed chnage wise and my sister thinks i have become more aggitated but i can not assess it properly as i feel i wouldnt make good judge at the mo.

Can you tell me how long it was before you felt the benefits?

What side effets did you get?

How long they lasted with you ?

I'm not sure if i need the dose uped or its not for me?

I would appreciate your input of your experienec with this drug?

sunset30
09-05-11, 16:31
Bonzo

Ps i still dont feel my anxiety going enough.

Can i ask what you were being treated for also ?

bonzo
02-06-11, 16:28
Hey Bonzo
You might be the person to speak to as i started taking Pregabalin nearly for weeks age my doctor wants me to stay on the dose of 75mg until i see him next week to asses the meds agian then.

I'm not sure if i'm on the right road felta bit wobbly and slight drunk feelings and very tired week 1 and 2. Have a few giggles started getting my sex drive back which is great felt more like they were doing something but not sure. But weeks 3 -4 felt lik ei had a bit of a up when he uped my dose fro 50mg to 75mg in week 3 for to days and i feel a be flat not sure how im feeling havent really left my flat for a week just dont feel bothered to do much but slightly aggitated (but was on and of from start like i had to be doing something). No sure if these are for me but i'm on right road for anti-anxiety drugs. I feel bloated noticed i've put on more wieght waves of scoffing and then not so hungry, excessivly smoking more. With no real urge to go out and felt a tad emotinal yesturday.
Asked my family what they had noticed chnage wise and my sister thinks i have become more aggitated but i can not assess it properly as i feel i wouldnt make good judge at the mo.

Can you tell me how long it was before you felt the benefits?

What side effets did you get?

How long they lasted with you ?

I'm not sure if i need the dose uped or its not for me?

I would appreciate your input of your experienec with this drug?

Hey sunset sorry I didn't reply haven't been on here in ages because like I wrote on my opening post I am totally anxiety free its like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I still take pregabalin its a fantastic drug works really well and has little side effects. It seems when I hit 30 in January the 15 years of suffering had just suddenly gone I was free free as bird.. I always studied hard at school pre anxiety depression and wanted to go to med school but could never cope with it so now that I'm free I thought sod it I'm going for it so I've got a place in uni doing my medical degree. It will be a tough 5 years but so rewarding. My wife is a GP and a huge support to me and my first child Isaac was born last year I'm like a different person than before. All I can say is the human mind is one son of a bitch at times.. Keep battling guys there is hope! Never give in and never give up!!

Bonzo. :)

burnsheepy
28-08-11, 15:38
Hey sunset sorry I didn't reply haven't been on here in ages because like I wrote on my opening post I am totally anxiety free its like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I still take pregabalin its a fantastic drug works really well and has little side effects. It seems when I hit 30 in January the 15 years of suffering had just suddenly gone I was free free as bird.. I always studied hard at school pre anxiety depression and wanted to go to med school but could never cope with it so now that I'm free I thought sod it I'm going for it so I've got a place in uni doing my medical degree. It will be a tough 5 years but so rewarding. My wife is a GP and a huge support to me and my first child Isaac was born last year I'm like a different person than before. All I can say is the human mind is one son of a bitch at times.. Keep battling guys there is hope! Never give in and never give up!!

brilliant. absolutely brilliant story. i'm 19 studying law and am desperate to achieve what you described...hopefully one day

sunset30
28-08-11, 22:45

No problems in not getting back to me Bonzo. Great to hear you have had sucess and overcome your anxiety :). I had to stop taking Pregnabalin it was making me worse not better and put on so much worse, unfortuatly it was not the wonder drug for me. But i just hope i getto where you are eventually. Great that your doing well and good luck with your coursex

Davevanza
10-10-11, 09:14
Hey folks I've been on pregabalin for just about 2 years now and I am totally anxiety free completely I take 150MG TDS and it is a superb drug absolutely no side effects whatsoever its great I am now completely anxiety free :D If you can get it take it!

Hi,

I am so glad to read this posting and the comments...
That Pregabalin has helped with the anxiety...

I got Pregabalin from only sample packs from my GP, and the purpose he gave it to me is for my chronic headache.

It is a very expensive medication....
But Gabapentin comes cheaper, as I asked the Chemist.

I don't know if Gabapentin would work the same way, ( theoretically it does, by attaching to Calcium Voltage subtype..), but the experiences from those who have used it is a different thing.