PDA

View Full Version : A new poetic piece...

Bill
11-04-11, 05:49
...with a double meaning if you read between the lines. I was inspired to write it after watching my oh's cpn smoothing our cat but this isn't really about the cpn Or the cat for the matter!:winks:

Hope you enjoy it though.:hugs:

The Contented Cat

Caressing in circles, her dainty fingertips delicately smooth the soft fur while the comfortable cat purrs with contentment at her sensuous touch that tantalises with every twist and turn. Its staring eyes hypnotised by her gentle movements that fixate and intoxicate it into a statuette stare as its body stands rigid with only its slim neck leaning to and fro to her affectionate commands. Her every stroke emitting electricity causing each hair strand to stand into submission as she fills the elated cat with her warmth, sending shockwaves and tingling heavenly sensations across its excited soft skin.

Pushing ever closer to feel safe and secure in her caring hold, not wanting her to stop, asking for more as if in despair that once gone her sweet caress would be lost forever. To stay close to an angel emitting her comforting compassion with her wings encompassing forming a shield protecting it from the cold of solace and solitude. To be held, needed, wanted, loved by her rare heavenly seductive smile that glows with sincerity into the cat’s dreamy eyes that lay fixed in a trance of delirious delight. Wishing only to be curled up upon her lap to absorb her admiring loving fondness; held in an angel’s warmth with dreams of floating on cotton wool clouds under the suns security in a place like no other held in her special clasp never to be found in another.:hugs:

shoegal
11-04-11, 06:44
Nice poem Bill... but you REALLY do need to get some... :winks: :whistles:

Chem
11-04-11, 15:13
Well written as usual Bill. Reading between the lines (not hard) it certainly is time you do as shoegal and I have previously recommended - go out and meet people.

You sound so frustrated and lonely. Try distractions of another kind - any other kind!

:hugs:

allergyphobia
11-04-11, 15:15
Hmmm yes I agree with the others... there is no doubt your piece is written well but I also don't find it that comfortable to read when reading between the lines, apologies, just my opinion.

I hope you find some company soon Bill
:flowers:

suzy-sue
11-04-11, 21:19
I think its a lovely poem as usual Bill .:hugs:.luv Sue x

suzy-sue
11-04-11, 21:21
Nice poem Bill... but you REALLY do need to get some... :winks: :whistles:

If only things were that simple eh? :shrug: sue x

KK77
11-04-11, 21:40
You romantic devil Bill hehe.

Pussies get all the luck tsssk ;)

Bill
12-04-11, 02:32
Just to make it clear in case it was misunderstood because I don't like making people feel uncomfortable or offended, this actually did happen and we actually do have a cat. The cpn was supposed to represent a caring loving woman and the cat was supposed to represent how I feel. Sorry.:hugs:

suzy-sue
12-04-11, 11:38
I got what you were writing about Bill .I cant see what there was to get offended over or uncomfortable .I think one poster was worried you were tormenting yourself thinking like that . Other than that who knows :shrug:...Luv Sue xx:bighug1:

KK77
12-04-11, 11:57
Just to make it clear in case it was misunderstood because I don't like making people feel uncomfortable or offended, this actually did happen and we actually do have a cat. The cpn was supposed to represent a caring loving woman and the cat was supposed to represent how I feel. Sorry.:hugs:

Well I'm not female (luckily hehe) but can't see how your poem could have 'offended' anyone Bill. You have a talent for writing and I always enjoy reading your posts.

In fact, sometimes I feel we're the only guys in the village :whistles:

allergyphobia
12-04-11, 14:06
I might have misunderstood the poem. From what you were all saying I thought you meant it was about sexual desire. This made me uncomfortable as some poor nurse is just stroking a cat and all this sexual imagery is flying around.

Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick but I just said it was my own opinion that it made me feel uncomfortable and I still said it was well written. I am not looking to argue with any one but I am entitled to say how something has made me feel.

Bill honestly don't worry about it I'm not the type of person to get mortally offended I just meant it made me feel a little uncomfortable. I shall refrain from commenting in the future, apologies to all.

x

suzy-sue
12-04-11, 16:11
I This made me uncomfortable as some poor nurse is just stroking a cat and all this sexual imagery is flying around.

Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick but I just said it was my own opinion that it made me feel uncomfortable and I still said it was well written. I am not looking to argue with any one but I am entitled to say how something has made me feel.

x

No one is sying you arent entiled to your opinion Amber .and because I dont agree with you doesnt mean I want to argue either .I was merely stating what I felt .Its a POEM for goodness sake .and how anyone could feel uncomfortable with the imagery so beautifully written is beyond me .Its about comfort .There are far worse things written in graphic detail on this forum that actually make me want to physically puke on occassions, and they have been written by women .when someone shares something like a Poem with others .Theres no need to take it like you have .Thats all !!.No one was meant to get offended by it .If you knew Bill you would realise this and you wouldnt have posted what you did .Sometimes its better to just say nothing .Theres a time for honesty but this wasnt one of those times .Lets just leave it at that before Bill gets more upset .Sorry This has happened on here Bill you have enought to deal with a the moment .:hugs:luv Sue xx

crissy
12-04-11, 16:58
I loved your poem Bill, keep them going we love to see them xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
love christine xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

allergyphobia
12-04-11, 17:02
It's all a matter of opinion... neither of us want to argue and I do not want to upset Bill either, like you say I don't know him and like i said I may have misinterpreted the poem in the first place, so yes perhaps I should not have said how I felt! Anyway all the best Bill and apologies if I have upset you, that wasn't my intention at all. You have a lot of fans here on NMP who will continue to enjoy your poetry...

All the best
AP

Anxious_gal
13-04-11, 01:17
we all get offended by different things, don't apologize for how you feel, it's ok to say if something made you feel uncomfortable,
I'm sure Bill's intention wasn't to cause any offence , I'm sure you did not have any intentions of hurting anyones feelings :hugs:

Anxious_gal
13-04-11, 01:19
Bill you should write a book in your free time :winks:

blue moon
13-04-11, 02:03
i always read your poetry Bill,love them all.
:hugs:Love Petra xx

Bill
13-04-11, 04:17
:hugs:PLEASE don't let my piece cause friction. The only thing that upsets me is that I have caused upset to others. When I wrote the piece I never even thought about other ways it could be interpreted so it's MY fault for not making it clear in the first place. After your reply AP I re-read what I had written and I could then see how it could be read that way, especially as it involved our cat! so I'd actually like to thank you for making me aware. Would you believe I actually gave a copy to the cpn thinking she might like it. I'm just hoping I didn't make her uncomfortable too by not explaining what it was really about. I guess you could call me naive.:blush:

I think part of my problem is that I find it difficult to say how I really feel so I use poetry as a tool to express these feelings. However, as you've seen, poetry can also land me in trouble because it's so easy to view it's meaning from different angles. I always think of poetry like painting a portrait of someone you see in the street or based on something you hear but often if you then hand that piece to that person they can easily be made to feel uncomfortable or offended because the words I use can feel too "personal", if that's the right word.

AP:hugs:, Please continue to reply to my posts if you would like to because as in this instance you've made me aware of something I didn't realise so I'm actually grateful to you.:hugs:I just should have been clear in the first place and then this wouldn't have happened. It's MY fault AP for leaving it too open to other interpretations. I'm sorry I caused you to feel uncomfortable and for any upset.:hugs:

blue moon
13-04-11, 04:42
Bill,you keep writing what you feel,no need apologise you lovely person with warm heart.
Love Petra xx:D

allergyphobia
13-04-11, 09:15
I just wanted to log in to say thank you to Mishel. You are always very fair and mature and a lot more understanding than half the older members on here!

Bill I replied to your PM. I NEVER said I was offended just a little uncomfortable. Just as perhaps there was no need to give my opinion on Bill's poem in the first place, there is also no need for others to make me feel so bad about doing so. I don't appreciate it. There is no harm in sticking up for your friend, but he is quite capable of sticking up for himself - which in this instance he didn't actually need to - but please spare a thought for how your defensive posts may be taken by the recipient.

I am taking a break from NMP so there is no need to respond to this. I just wanted to thank Mishel and let Bill know I had replied.

Keep writing Bill - you're great!

x

suzy-sue
13-04-11, 11:30
We are all entitled to our opinion .If people make you feel bad its because you know youve go doubts about how you said something and what youve said .Dont blame others for how you feel .Seems you need to practice what you preach and grow up a little Amber .A lttle maturity would make a huge difference .Now what was it your saying yesterday ?Oh yes you dont want to fall out and you were only voicing your opinion .Whats that a rule for you and no one else ? Enjoy your break .Sue

allergyphobia
13-04-11, 11:36
Did you actually read what I said?

I stand by what I said originally and I as I have said I only came to reply because BILL has messaged me and this is between ME AND HIM.

I asked you to have a think about the way we all write things. I was not rude. You have just launched a personal attack at me for absolutely no reason. What does that say about you? That you just like a fight?

Yes I will enjoy taking a break from people like you on this forum who throw their weight around and if somebody dares to disagree you rally the troops and make them disappear. Well congratulations Sue because here goes another one.

Magic
13-04-11, 14:59
Dear Bill my dearest friend on Nmp
Well you certainly set the cat among the pigeons!!
Love your poem,well I would if I liked cats!!!
You are a gifted man,don't let any one put you off, no offence has occured and no apologies needed:shrug:
More More More poems please
Love
Helenx

KK77
13-04-11, 17:31
Hear hear Nellie! I don't know what all the fuss has been about :lac:

snowgoose
13-04-11, 18:48
hello:)
this thread has saddened me ...and I bet I am not alone .
I have empathy for all .....can see from outside the loop probably cos I am a fairly newbie .........but not to forums in general.
I can see all sides because of this .............I have no history on this site .

I want to post something that is a sticky somewhere else ..and it is excellent advice for old posters and new ones I feel .

1: Have respect for others and their opinions

2: Treat others how you wish to be treated

3: Remember text can be misinterpreted

4: Drunk in charge of keyboard is as bad as texting when mortal .not advisable

5: Anxiety makes us tetchy ....allow others and yourself some scope and give back to others

6: Do no harm .....try to help ......and pass on good karma .

jeeze hope I am not in breach of copywrite :ohmy:.............and no hate pms please .

this site is lovely and must be protected as such . my views only folks .xxxx

blue moon
13-04-11, 23:41
so sad that people are leaving:weep:Why.....i will not go there.
Petra x:flowers:

Chem
14-04-11, 00:27
Oh dear. I'm glad I got to this page before Bill has.

Snowgoose, thank you for reminding us all of some very good advice.

Many of us have read Bill's earlier poems and enjoyed them. We've read his responses to other people's problems and appreciated them. He's always shown great respect for everyone and chosen his words wisely. This particular poem has prompted varying responses and, for the first time I can recall in relation to Bill, some argument too. Knowing Bill well, I think that possibly this poem brought out strong feelings in all of us because for once Bill revealed the true depth of his need for comfort in his current situation, without thinking how it would be received.

Please could we respond to that by giving him our support and understanding. I know we all have the right to our own opinions, but sometimes we need to stop and think about the other person before we give them, and especially before we argue. Bill will be distressed to read some of what has been said since he was last here. He really doesn't need that right now. Please send him good vibes instead.

For Bill: :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

suzy-sue
14-04-11, 00:44
:bighug1:Ive replied to his email .Sending you lots of love Bill .:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:xxxx

Veronica H
14-04-11, 01:21
held in an angel’s warmth with dreams of floating on cotton wool clouds under the suns security in a place like no other held in her special clasp never to be found in another.......beautiful words Bill. :flowers:You have a real talent for writing. :bighug1:Vx

Bill
14-04-11, 04:50
Bill will be distressed to read some of what has been said since he was last here.:unsure:

Eternity
14-04-11, 05:08
Hi, I may be quite new on here but there are times when people are getting criticised for having an opinion which is ridiculous. Yes it was a lovely poem but if it did make someone feel slightly uncomfortable,even by misinterpretation, it is their right to say so and not to be seemingly 'told off' by someone else. Yes we all need to be careful about what we say or what comments we leave about someone's post but equally should not feel that we can't say how we feel or have to put up with someone else coming back with something that upsets you when you do comment. And if anyone doesn't like my opinion I really couldn't give a toss lol.

Bill
14-04-11, 07:33
I never would have realised that my piece would evoke so much strong feeling between members I care about EQUALLY otherwise I would never have posted how I felt in the first place.:lac:

I have NOT been upset or offended by ANY comment, and as Eclipse rightly points out, we are ALL entitled to express our opinions about a members thread in a respectful way and then it's up to the member themself to respond.

Besides that, unless I am deliberately attacked, I NEVER think bad thoughts or see bad in ANYONE because I try to understand their point of view.

I realise there is good intent involved too but what DOES upset me is the dispute my thread has caused which has resulted in members who I CARE about feeling they have to leave. I would therefore PLEASE ask ALL involved to STOP attacking each other either on this thread or via pm's or I WILL delete this thread myself to put an end to this dispute.

There are NO sides in this because I CARE ABOUT ALL OF YOU EQUALLY so PLEASE stop upsetting each other because in doing so you WILL upset me too because you will cause me to lose people I CARE about. Please, I'm asking you for MY sake....No more!:hugs:

Tish
14-04-11, 18:26
Well said Snowgoose, Eternity and Bill (in my humble opinion) :winks:

Bill
15-04-11, 05:43
Thank you for listening to my plea for peace.:hugs: Just hope this doesn't trigger any unrest. I'm only saying how I've felt for a Very long time Long before I started this thread...

My aura

They say my aura is too strong,
Someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong?
Why do they put up barriers?
What are they afraid of? What don’t they understand?
Do they fear an ulterior motive? Is this why I’m so alone?
That I’m ‘so’ strange from others in this land?

Unconditional love, the perfect dream,
But people run away from me it seems,
Why I ask? Why the mistrust?
What is it in me that they distrust?

My aura is too strong,
I must be doing ‘something’ wrong,
I must be too intense, too open, too deep,
I must be too sensitive, too loving, too sincere,
That they find it so hard and the unknown they fear,

How can you give love without condition?
Where do you find the strength to continue your mission?
When all your intentions are misunderstood,
When all you are attempting is to do some good,

Why do people run and hide?
Why won’t they let you try to heal their hurt inside?
Why am I always alone with so much constant pain where I lie?
Left with far too many questions with no answers in sight.:shrug:

Anxious_gal
16-04-11, 04:33
I just wanted to log in to say thank you to Mishel. You are always very fair and mature and a lot more understanding than half the older members on here!

Bill I replied to your PM. I NEVER said I was offended just a little uncomfortable. Just as perhaps there was no need to give my opinion on Bill's poem in the first place, there is also no need for others to make me feel so bad about doing so. I don't appreciate it. There is no harm in sticking up for your friend, but he is quite capable of sticking up for himself - which in this instance he didn't actually need to - but please spare a thought for how your defensive posts may be taken by the recipient.

I am taking a break from NMP so there is no need to respond to this. I just wanted to thank Mishel and let Bill know I had replied.

Keep writing Bill - you're great!

x

Your welcome, It's always good to view a situation from everyones point of view, and I believe understanding intention is very important too :)
:hugs:

Anxious_gal
16-04-11, 04:36
Bill I wonder what color your aura is?:)