PDA

View Full Version : Throat

chris_1982
11-04-11, 07:15
I have been doing really well with my health anxiety lately basically just getting on with things and my stress levels have dropped considerably. Anyway middle of last week I started with a sore throat, first I have had for years really. Anyway it got really painful Saturday were I felt I couldn't swallow probably still didn't panic, then Sunday the pain eased but my voice was very crackly but again just move on. Also yesterday started coughing up a bit of green stuff again nothing unusual there but this morning I had some brownish/red blood in the green stuff first thing. After then its gone back to just clear/greenish stuff. Actually my throat feels alot better and my voice has started coming back a bit but now I am really worried at the sight of the blood. I really don't want to have to have antibiotics again I had them last year and they drove my health anxiety crazy. Then again what if its pnemonia or lung tumours? Do I book an Appointment with doc or not?

AllInMyHead
11-04-11, 11:20
Hi there,

I think if it was pneumonia or lung tumours you wouldn't be posting on here and umming and arring about whether to book an appointment. You would be very sick.

I would say give yourself a bit of breathing space, make an agreement with yourself to see how you are in a week, then decide whether or not to book an appointment with the doctors. Chances are you'll be better by then anyway. And as for antibiotics, you don't need them unless you have an infection. It sounds like your symptoms are clearing up by themselves.

I've got exactly the same symptoms as you. My sore throat got really painful this morning, and I've just coughed up some mucus with what looked like small specks of blood. The soreness in my throat is making my ears painful, and my sinuses feel blocked and sore. I feel crappy, but not ill. And I'm not worried at all, just a bit fed up!

paula lynne
11-04-11, 16:07
Doctors I think, green phlegm sounds like you may have an infection and possibly need anti-biotics. Obviously, your doctor will need to confirm this, its just my opinion as an ex-nurse. The blood is probably little blood vessels that have burst because of the coughing. Again, I think you need to see your doctor about this. Hope you feel better soon.