PDA

View Full Version : panic attack

sandy40
11-04-11, 07:15
im not good can someone help me please..im in a mess.

shoegal
11-04-11, 07:25
It's OK, it's just a panic attack. Take deep breaths. You will be fine.

sandy40
11-04-11, 07:39
i cant do it,im scared im dying,my stomach is sore and ive acid coming up

shoegal
11-04-11, 07:42
You are not dying sweetheart. If you were dying you would not be able to type on this forum. Please try to stay calm and take deep breaths. If you have a paper bag you can breathe in and out of it for a few seconds, or cup your hands over your nose and mouth and do the same thing. The acid and stomach pain is just caused by anxiety. It will pass. Please try not to worry.

kah
11-04-11, 15:26
Sandy, how are you now chick????

paula lynne
11-04-11, 15:56
Hi Sandy, I hope you are feeling better now x
I must say I do get a bit annoyed when people say "its JUST a panic attack".......not much comfort when you feel like you are about to die any second.

I agree that using a paper bag is a good idea, I still use one after 10 years, its a great way to re-address the oxygen/carbon dioxide imbalance.

Pm me if you want to talk about it ok, Im here for you x

scaredstiff695
11-04-11, 16:59
hi hunni how are you now? think of nice things hunni try to distract yourself i no its hard xxxx

sandy40
11-04-11, 17:04
Thank you for your replies...im not in a good place at all...even phoned the Samaritans this morning,im really scared im dying as my back/ribs are sore and i cant cope at all..i feel a failure as a mum to my darling children as im crying and lying in bed alot,ive no appetite and im very tired so thats making me think ive defo got "it"..my hubby is sick of me and im in a dark place...x

BKF1515
11-04-11, 17:13
I'm so sorry to hear that. Try not to be so hard on yourself. There are days when everything seems to add up and H/A can push you over the edge. It sounds like you have all the elements there and it might make you feel better to know that mother's can often feel overwhelmed and like they're failing all those around them. In reality, it is probably the opposite and you need to take some time out for yourself. I know what it's like to feel like you are driving your husband crazy with your complaints - my husband can get frustrated but tries to soothe my fears. It's when you let them spin out of control when you feel isolated. Stay on this forum and at least that will help you to feel connected. You are not alone! xo

paula lynne
11-04-11, 17:13
:hugs:Hi Sandy, what did the Samaritans say love?
You are not a failure, youre a fragile human being. Your kids would love you even if you were green and had 2 heads.
Please try to eat something....just a peice of toast with a cup of tea. If we dont eat, sugar levels plummet and adrenaline is released instead.....making anxiety worse.
Your sore back and ribs may be your intercostal muscles responding to your hyperventilating. A warm bath will help.
Your hubby is probably worried and frustrated because he is watching someone he loves deeply suffer in this way. My husband is the same at times.
Can you call a friend to come over to be with you right now? Maybe go into chat later?
Paula x

snowgoose
11-04-11, 17:30
hello Sandy :hugs:

you have lots of people who care for you here . we spoke over the weekend ........have you contacted your doctor again sweetheart ? you must get more help Sandy ....you are very brave and struggling hard I know . and your children will be fine ..........they love their mum and wont see what you think they do .
your husband is rightly concerned and is worried about you .
please get the doctor to review you again ...promise ?
meanwhile have a hot bath ..............put a favourite cd on to listen to .......jump up and down and shake yourself like a wet dog ;daft I know but it helps get rid of excess adrenaline ..........keep sipping ice cold water .
xxxxx

sandy40
11-04-11, 17:37
Hi the Samaritans said that im never alone they are there 24/7..i told them my fear,they of course couldnt say 100% i dont have "it" but to try and think of making most of today and enjoy it with my kids..my throat seems swollen and like i said ive acid coming up ,im drinking choc milkshake and my gp has given my omeprazole,my back and ribs have been sore for months,so im worried,my hubby feels hopeless as everything he says falls on deaf ears,he thinks i should try acupuncture for my back or anxiety..ive one close friend who knows but shes ran out of things to say i think.x

sandy40
11-04-11, 17:43
Snowgoose,i called my crisis team,even though im no longer under them they told me too keep busy! im knackered all the time..i called my Psychiatric Sec and burst into tears with her, she put me through to the crisis team again??? then they put me through to someone at my local mental hosp..it turned out to be my old CPN and she was like "oh Sandra,go and make the tea and keep busy"... pointless x

paula lynne
11-04-11, 17:46
I find it unbelievable that a mental health professional would say to go and make a cup of tea! Is there anyway you can ask for a new CPN?

Have you had any tests done because of your back pain?

P x

sandy40
11-04-11, 17:54
hi ive not got a CPN,she was my CPN but discharged me in feb as she thought i was ok..even though i knew i wasnt i dont know how to go about getting another one..my gp has arranged a xray..im worried sick.x

paula lynne
11-04-11, 18:02
Ok, wait and see what happens with the X-ray....hope you wont have to wait very long. You are clearly worried sick, and righty so. Would your Gp be able to refer you again for CPN input?
Its important to note, that although hyperventilating and anxiety can effect the intercostals, the length of time youve had this pain needs to be sorted, so the X-Ray is the way to go. Its hard waiting I know. Im myself am waiting for more blood tests so I know how crazy it makes you........x
Youre not alone, stay in touch x:hugs:

snowgoose
11-04-11, 18:18
HI sandy :hugs:
remind me what meds you are on ?
and look back to your pms from me about the big C .......read them again hun .this is your anxiety talking Sandy ..........tell these thoughts to take a hike for a while ..........you can examine them tomorrow if necessary .......but tonight now tell them you have other things to do. refuse to listen to them and say shoo !.....I did that x
xxxx

sandy40
11-04-11, 18:21
Snowgoose,im on 75mg pregabalin twice daily,and was on 15mg mirtazapine but im changing to Sertraline tonight..im also in 30/500 co codomal.x

paula lynne
11-04-11, 18:28
Co-codamol is notorious for causing severe constipation...this can cause back pain.....and if you are not eating properly, this will only compound the problem love. x
Also, co-codamol can cause dependence very quickly, as it gives you a high, and headaches after more than 3 days of use (Im talking from personal experience), headaches and a light headed feeling makes anxiety seem worse, so you reach for more co-codamol...just be careful thats all im saying. Taking them on an empty stomach is a bad idea x

Greenman50
11-04-11, 18:32
HI sandy :hugs:
remind me what meds you are on ?
and look back to your pms from me about the big C .......read them again hun .this is your anxiety talking Sandy ..........tell these thoughts to take a hike for a while ..........you can examine them tomorrow if necessary .......but tonight now tell them you have other things to do. refuse to listen to them and say shoo !.....I did that x
xxxx

Very true :D

Thats how i think i got over my health anxiety , its really difficult but if you can get your mind free of your thoughts for just 5 minutes a day , the next day you can make that 5 minutes up to 10 minutes :yesyes:

Sandy .....your fine , you have had all the tests its your anxiety . My acid was awefull for 3.5 months , when the anxiety started going so did everything else .
Get out and about , force yourself to do it , imho its the only way you will start to feel better .

Take care

x

sandy40
11-04-11, 18:33
Hi im taking them on a empty stomach as ive no appetite..drinking milkshake..they arent giving me a high..my anxiety is very very bad. x

paula lynne
11-04-11, 18:38
You must be losing a lot of weight Sandy. If you have no appetite, why not try build-up from the chemist? Its a highly calorific shake with lots of minerals and vitamins, which are so important for overall physical and mental health. I think you can also get juices too.x

uk23
11-04-11, 19:13
Or try some Fortisips, they work very well also.

jaynemarie
12-04-11, 20:43
Hi Sandy how you doing? Sorry to hear your having such a tough time. Just thought i would let you know i have been on setraline for 3 weeks and am starting to feel a bit better. Also having really bad chest and acid in throat, i am on omprazole as well, doctor says they can take a good few weeks to kick in. But i do know how you feel its a horrible feeling and unless you have been there, you have no idea ! Keep in touch and setraline is pretty good hardly any side effects xxx