PDA

View Full Version : I can`t go on like this.

Vonnie
11-04-11, 08:42
I wake up in the morning shaking from head to foot and feeling terrified.
All day I feel scared and shaky and I get so wound up that it upsets my stomach and makes me vomit.

My GP says it`s anxiety and I have been on anti ds and beta blockers for over two weeks.
They don`t seem to be working and I am at my wits end.

All I want is to feel calm and peaceful.

Can anyone help me please because I really can`t go on like this?

Vonnie

macc noodle
11-04-11, 08:53
Hi Vonnie

Sorry to hear you feeling so rough. You can and will feel better soon - so hang on.

All I can say is 2 weeks is not a long time to be on new meds - sometimes they create more symptoms than the anxiety in the first place but then they settle down.

What meds are you on?

:hugs:

Jan
x

blue moon
11-04-11, 08:56
Hello vonnie:D
try and do some breathing techniques and visiualisation,this help me relax and calm down.Try and be busy help take mind off what going on in head.
Petra :flowers:

Veronica H
11-04-11, 09:07
Sorry you are suffering at the moment Vonnie.

Thoughts become feelings very quickly with this illness as our nerves are so sensitised. It is fear which keeps this cycle going. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough.( It is a bit old fashioned, but still so relevant).
Here is a link to her site;
http://www.claireweekes.com.au/ (http://www.claireweekes.com.au/)

This will get better. Veronicax

Vonnie
11-04-11, 09:48
Thanks for the replies.

I am on 20mg of Citalopram and 160mg of Bendril a day.

I do breathing techniques and they do work for a while, but I quickly revert back to shaking and feeling scared again.

Thanks for the link to the book. I will buy it. I`m willing to try anything.