PDA

View Full Version : tinngling on scalp/numbness sorry repeat post but need advice

mulvillm
11-04-11, 09:38
Hi, for the last year or so i have suffered from a numb feeling and tingly sensation on my scalp and pressure around my neck.It seems to be very draining as well takes away all my energy.I have had an MRI scan no tuma present and have have seen two neurologists one private.I have suffered from panic attacks throughtout my life and i have ocd.I think at i have damaged my nerves on my head either through previous drug use or just generally been stressed/anxious most of my life

I spend hours scanning the internet trying to find out what is wrong with me both neurologists i have seen say its tension headaches.But sometimes i get it when am not even tense.I find it is worse when i havent slept well.What i find really odd is that i cannot even have a sip of alcohol as it makes it alot worse and when i try to take anti-depressents initially when i first take the pill i feel my whole neck tense up.Is this all anxiety causing this?.

If anyone has any ideas on what i can do or just give me some feeback on what is going on id be greatly appreciated beacause it is almost constant and makes me feel very depressed and low.Am only 31 got my whole life ahead of me.Recently met someone as well and hate the fact that i cant drink around her and am always tense.Just wish i could relax and enjoy it!..Anyway ideas?

cassie1975
11-04-11, 10:51
I think you should trust what your results are telling you !! you have had the procedures to rule out anything sinister. I do think its anxiety (not that i am medically qualified), but the central nervous system is very complex and can cause all manner of things. The fact that you have met someone is fantastic so maybe think about therapy or self help to get you through this. Having an exciting new relationship should be fun not tense. All the best to you and i hope things improve, take one day at a time and focus on the positives !!!!

cassie1975
11-04-11, 10:53
P.S stay off the internet with regards to your symptoms, trust me as i know from experience it makes you ten times worse.

shoegal
11-04-11, 10:59
Hi. If you've had tests and everything has come back fine then try to be happy about the results instead of focusing on your symptoms. I'm sure they feel worse because you are constantly thinking about them and worrying about them. I have similar symptoms and mine are caused by anxiety. Please try not to worry and enjoy your new relationship. :)

suzy-sue
11-04-11, 11:31
You need to practice deeep breathing and relaxation on a regular basis to free the tension .Tension will cause the numbness /Tingling you are feeling .Also applying heat to the neck /shoulder area will help.The more you learn to relax ,,and accept your symptoms are just tension and anxiety the quicker you will feel the sensations dissapear ..Treat yourself to a massage or ask your girl friend to give you one .You will be amazed how relaxed you feel afterwards .T/c Sue x