PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety about anxiety

pipistrel
11-04-11, 11:33
Hi all,

I'm finding that I am having anxiety about potential, future anxiety.

As an example:

In a couple of months time I am going for a long awaited holiday and I find myself constantly anxious about the possibility of being constantly anxious and ruining my holiday while I'm there.

A lot of my anxiety stems from food/health issues (in particular I'm terrified of either getting food poisoning or a previously unknown allergy) and I'm worried I'll be scared the entire time. Ironically, I LOVE trying new foods and this is one of the things I get the greatest pleasure out of while traveling!

Luckily my husband is fantastic and talks me through my anxiety (and doesn't enable it!), but I'm still terrified and the anticipation is the worst!

Any advice on how to stop worrying about worrying? :blush:

Also, does any one else find they mistake excitement/happiness for anxiety? It's like my body doesn't understand that I'm not anxious. Which makes for some interesting anxiety symptoms without anxious thoughts. Weird.

spikey0377
11-04-11, 14:17
Hi,

I totally understand what you mean, I am going away at the end of May and am already worried, but have not had a break for 2 years so I hope I make it.

Decided to go in a camper van this time, so I can cook my own food etc, I have terrible OCD with things being clean and whom makes my food so thought I would try a camper van. Although I am already thinking that I will have to give it a good scrub before I get in it.

Yes I also get mixed up with excitment and anxiety, I get these rushes sometimes when I feel a little relaxed which then makes me anxious, it is so confusing at times. I think mine is rushes of adrenalin that I just can't control, I get butterflies and a weird feeling.

I have tried so many times over the years to stop myself worrying and I just can't to be honest, so I think that I just try and deal with each day. I'm trying not to think about being away from my comfort zone instead thinking of being somewhere new and trying to balance my fears and anguish.

I hope that you enjoy your holiday.