PDA

View Full Version : reassurance needed

bronte
11-04-11, 13:14
Hi all im having abad time with my ibs at the moment and im in the habit of looking down the toilet im just wandering if any other ibs sufferer sometimes notice they have odd shape stools sometimes flat or squashed looking i would be very grateful for feedback sorry for the graphic content x
jayne x

nomorepanic
11-04-11, 13:25
My stools are every single colour and shape and size imaginable. It is normal for things to change day by day with me.

bronte
11-04-11, 13:35
thanks nicola im so stressed about it and all my pains im at the end of my tether x
jayne x

emmawalton
11-04-11, 15:00
hey its normal i have odd shaped and coloured ones too and pain.

bronte
11-04-11, 15:13
thanks emmawalton that helps to know im not alone x

blueangel
11-04-11, 15:52
My GP told me that when stools look narrow or squashed, it's because your bowel's in spasm and not able to work in the usual way, which makes perfect sense to me. I've had this loads of times, and it can vary even within one day - you can be fine first thing in the morning, and then the next time you go, everything's all squished!

BKF1515
11-04-11, 16:20
Mine are varying as well. I am sure you are fine!

bronte
11-04-11, 16:41
thankyou all so much :) x

Greenman50
11-04-11, 18:45
I can honestly say i,ve not had a text book poo in nearly 20 years !

I won,t go into detail unless by pm ..lol..

My ibs has always given me really strange pains / aches that doesn,t seem to be the normal on here but i,ve had them that long i just take it as normal for me .
The strangest one is my left leg burns and feels like siatica pain (spelling?) then the next day i know i will get the cramps .

bronte
11-04-11, 21:59
thanks mel2 my pains are down my left side at the moment it feels like my left side has been pumped up with a bicycle pump and ive got pressure under my left ribs x