PDA

View Full Version : Doctors appointment today ;o(

Nutty
11-04-11, 15:29
I am so scared I have my long awaited appointment today so I can tell the doctor exactly how I am feeling and so the doctor can laugh at me. :blush:

I don't know what to say when I get there, my hubby is coming with me so he can add to it. I have written it all down, I may just give them the letter and wait for her to laugh .................. I just want an end of all of this feeling of doom all of the time.

xxx

Jemlou
11-04-11, 15:38
your docotr wont laugh at you!!!!!!!!

hope it went well, let us know xxx

SHYGIRLAJB
11-04-11, 15:54
Hi

Good luck hun. Your dr wont laugh at you hun. If you can't speak to her what is wrong and how you are feeling, give her the letter. I am sure you are not the only one out there who has given written information about how they are feeling and things rather than speaking out loud.

Anita.

Hazel B
11-04-11, 16:25
Any doctor that laughs at a patient is in the wrong job and should be reported.

I took a list when I was bad and it really helped, hope it goes well.:D

Nutty
11-04-11, 16:45
Aww thanks everyone, I am just about to go, my appointment is at ten past five, my stomach is churning and my face is numb I am terrified, I will let you all know how it went.

xx

Anxious_gal
11-04-11, 20:39
even if she laughs which only a nasty person would do, at least you will be able to get some sort of help, if she doesn't offer and help then demand it!
Never apologize for your feelings :hugs:

Nutty
11-04-11, 21:29
Well I've been to the doctors and she was brilliant.
She was so understanding and she says it's definately
anxiety, but she has perscribed tablets which I didn't
want. They are citalopram 10mg she also wants me
to have a blood test because my mum had thyroid
problems. Has anyone else had these tablets?

Also I give blood and I Am getting close to my 50th
can you still give blood on these tablets

Xxx

Anxious_gal
11-04-11, 21:33
I've had bloods tests, they tend to test for thyroid problems as the symptoms are the same as anxiety :)

Hazel B
11-04-11, 21:57
Glad your GP was helpful and understanding. I can't answer the quesitons, sorry but hope you start to feel better soon.:)

suzy-sue
11-04-11, 23:12
Hi you can donate blood when you take this .There is a meds forum further down the page and there is a wealth of info on Citalopram . Hope they help .Luv Sue x

Nutty
12-04-11, 09:37
I don't know weather to take them, when you read all of the side effects its really scarey and I look for things as it is so I will be looking for them and probably imagining them. It's great that they have finally said it definately is but now it's scarey looking at these tablets, what should I do :?????

blueangel
12-04-11, 12:21
Well, if this is any help, a 10 mg dose is quite small, and doctors usually start people off on small doses as this helps with the side effects. A lot of common side effects tend to wear off after a week or two.

There are differing views on whether or not to take medication, I personally have found it very helpful, but have a look through the "medication" forum as it might help you decide.

macc noodle
12-04-11, 12:48
Hi Nutty

Glad doc's appt went well. Did she mention the possibility of peri-menopause being the possible root cause of your anxiety?

I too am 50 and had a massive resurgence of uncontrollable HA, panic attacks and really bad feelings of doom in the past 18 months. My doc reckons it is hormonal.

Given 10mg dose of Citalopram - took for 2 months but didnt really feel any different - only side effect I had was a dodgy tummy for a while. I would say, give it a go and see how you feel - if you dont try you wont know and it just may make a difference to you.

:)

Nutty
12-04-11, 13:24
I was wondering myself if it was the start of the change, but the doc still says no.

Is it true that you shouldn't drive whilst taking them, it was printed on the label of my box, so that makes me feel afraid too.

Begining to feel like I shouldn't of gone cause I am more confused then ever

xx

Hazel B
12-04-11, 14:52
The drug companies have to print EVERY side effect reported to them by law, so even if one person out of 1000's had an effect, it has to be printed on the leaflet.

It's your decision what to do, but the doc obviously thinks they will help. Think of all the other things you can do to help yourself as well, don't just be a victim of this. There are success stories on the site where you can see what others have done. My own anxiety beaters were: stopping smoking, having counselling, giving up caffeine (very hard!), eating better and getting exercise outside every day. I also had beta-blockers for 8 weeks.

:) It takes time but you can help yourself.

macc noodle
12-04-11, 20:18
[QUOTE=Nutty;820316]I was wondering myself if it was the start of the change, but the doc still says no.

How does the doc. know it is not caused by the change of life? Anxiety and depression is a common feature of entering the change of life - have they done any blood tests for you to rule out hormonal fluctuations?

Wouldn't worry too much about all the gubbins on the leaflets - I managed to drive as badly as ever taking the Citalopram (LOL) - if you are so worried about taking them tell the doc. You shouldn't ever feel that you have to take these meds if you don't feel comfortable taking them - my personal opinion is that you are more likely not to feel any benefit if you are not positive about taking them.:doh:

Take care
Jan
x

blueangel
13-04-11, 09:11
I can also confirm I'm perfectly OK driving whilst on citalopram - I'm taking 30 mg a day at the moment. The older style antidepressants are far worse as far as driving goes, as they can make people feel very drowsy.

Nutty
14-04-11, 12:22
Well I've been for my bloodtest and I have decided to take the medicine, I can't bare being like this anymore. I have emailed the give blood centre and they say so long as I am ok and am not under the hospital then I can still give blood. I will take it at about 6pm cause then I know I won't be driving again that night so happy days, here's to feeling better.

Thank you everyone.

xxxxx