PDA

View Full Version : what could this be ?

wenlast
11-04-11, 18:22
every few weeks I get a spell where all of a sudden I feel myself going breathless and if I then sit down and then get up I go terribly dizzy,
would this be like a panic attack ? or could it be something else I am 74 years younga very active.

paula lynne
11-04-11, 18:36
Hi Wenlast x
While panic and anxiety certainly do cause the symptoms you describe, I think its best to see your GP and explain how you feel, especially as these dizzy spells are intermitent.

Best wishes, Paula x

wenlast
11-04-11, 18:51
Thanks Paula, but why would intermitten spells of dizziness be bad?

paula lynne
11-04-11, 18:55
Its not bad, I was trying to say that you need a confimed diagnosis of anxiety and panic from your GP...sorry, my brain isnt working too well today! :winks:

AllInMyHead
11-04-11, 19:48
Hi Wenlast,

My Nanna is a good few years older than you, but she has dizzy spells that sound similar to what you described. I believe they are caused by low blood pressure, and can be controlled by medication. I'm not sure if she also gets related breathing symptoms though.

So it's definitely worth a visit to the GP as if it isn't anxiety, it is most likely something that can be easily sorted.
:hugs:

wenlast
12-04-11, 09:29
Hi Wenlast,

My Nanna is a good few years older than you, but she has dizzy spells that sound similar to what you described. I believe they are caused by low blood pressure, and can be controlled by medication. I'm not sure if she also gets related breathing symptoms though.

So it's definitely worth a visit to the GP as if it isn't anxiety, it is most likely something that can be easily sorted.
:hugs:

Thanks for rthe reply:bighug1:

missykat
12-04-11, 10:05
you could also be suffering from anaemia?? should get your iron levels checked u mite need iron supplements