PDA

View Full Version : please help - panicking so much about a mole and literally shaking!

mum-of-4
11-04-11, 19:45
Hi all

I've not been on here in a while as kinda just about managing to keep my HA under control but this past week I feel like I'm back to sqaure one.

Anyway, we've just been away on holiday and whilst there I checked a mole on my leg (which is usually completely flat) and I noticed it had a bump in it. I should say that I had my legs waxed before we went and the hairs are starting to grow back and I have a few bumps on my legs from ingrowing hairs. Anyway, I started poking and prodding it and squeezed it a but and some watery stuff came out and a bit of blood. Since then it's been sore and red around the area. I tried to leave it for 24 hours and I put some cream on it but I've just squeexed it again and more water and blood came out. I know that the mole was fine last week as I check them all the time. The mole is very small and quite dark and usually totally flat.

Could this be where my hairs are growing back and I've irritated it by squeezing it? I am trying to reason with myself and tell myself that it's fine and I should leave it alone but I am now in a state of total panic. Skin cancer is one of the main HA triggers for me. I know that I should keep an eye on it and if it's not better in a week then see my dr but I wondered if anyone could calm me down. I am literally shaking I am so worked up. :weep:

Please please can anyone help?

Many thanks.

eight days a week
11-04-11, 19:52
Could this be where my hairs are growing back and I've irritated it by squeezing it?

Hi mum-of-4,

I understand your anxiety completely, but am so sorry you've become so worked up. I'd say 'YES!' the waxing and hairs and (probably the biggest part!) squeezing it are likely the only reasons it's something you've noticed!

So, please leave it alone so it can heal! It'll probably take more than a week, but in the meantime you can go to the doctor who will also reassure you totally I'm sure :)

suzy-sue
11-04-11, 19:55
Its obviously sore by you squeezing it ..Leave it alone and it will be ok .Sometimes when you have waxed it can irritate Moles ,Try to avoid them in future .Nothing youve described suggests anything to worry about .If its still like it next week go and see your Dr .Im sure tho it will be ok .Ive done it myself :blush: Sue x

AllInMyHead
11-04-11, 20:01
Hi mum of 4,

Poor you, I can relate to how you are feeling. I once picked a small mole on my leg, and although it's not a good idea to mess with moles, it healed and hasn't changed for many years, so I think it's fine :).

It could definitely be where the hairs are growing back, and because you've squeezed it it will definitely be sore and irritated from that. So nothing so far to suggest there's anything bad about it.

How about you stick a plaster over it? It might encourage you to leave it alone and not think about it, at least long enough to help you calm down, and get out of the HA cycle a bit? You could maybe take a quick photo of it first, so then in a week or so (or longer) you have something to compare to if you are anxious it might have changed? You will probably find that after a few days either the hair will have come through, or the bump will have gone anyway and the mole is back to normal.

I think even if you went to the doctor's now, they wouldn't be able to do / say much until it had healed anyway.

From what you've said, I think it will be fine after a few days of leaving alone.

I know it's so difficult when you get into that spiral of panic. Hopefully I've helped to reassure you a little bit though :hugs:

mum-of-4
12-04-11, 11:19
Thank you all so much for your kind, reasurring words.

I've managed to calm myself down and have told myself that if it hasn't gone back to normal in a week, then I'll see the dr.

Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

xxxxxxx