PDA

View Full Version : Pain in calf for 6 weeks now

anx mum
11-04-11, 20:14
Still got this pain in my calf had it 6 weeks now pretty much constant what could it be? Still in hospital but worried surly if it was a dvt it wouldnt last this long without being red or swollen. The pain is there all the time havin physio hoping this helps any ideas what this could be?

scaredstiff695
11-04-11, 20:17
hi huni not sure if your in the hoispital though surly they gabve you a check iover sop nothing bad, but does sound like a pulled muscle

how you feelkiung anyway chick xx

anx mum
11-04-11, 20:20
hi huni not sure if your in the hoispital though surly they gabve you a check iover sop nothing bad, but does sound like a pulled muscle

how you feelkiung anyway chick xx

Feel not too bad just got this ache in my calf had it 6 weeks now and it bloody hurts blood test was negative for clot what else could it be?

scaredstiff695
11-04-11, 20:43
sound to me like apulled calf they kill my hubbys hurt for ages, esculated by your worries over it chick, i hurt my calfs when i was a squaddie but not too bad had physoion for a while and that sorted them xx dot worry hunni x

joans60
11-04-11, 22:26
Hi Bev
They would have found something out with all the tests
I think it could be a pulled mustle or tension.
Dont worry
Look after yourself.

Joanxx

nomorepanic
11-04-11, 23:15
Have you asked the doctors whilst you are there what it is?

anx mum
12-04-11, 09:13
Have you asked the doctors whilst you are there what it is?

Yeah when i was admitted they took bloods done a di dimar said mine was normal does this mean no clot? Dosent look hard or red abit swollen on front but pain.

debbsi
12-04-11, 19:54
yeah d-dimer is a blood test for clots - so presume a normal result means no clot x

Em.ma
12-04-11, 19:56
hope you feel better soon x

anx mum
12-04-11, 21:26
I think if it wasent for this pain i would feel alot better the doctor is saying sacitica now just fed up of bein in pain. May be discharged friday fingers crossed

joans60
13-04-11, 13:47
Hi Bev
That is great news that you might be discharged on Friday
Keeping fingers crossed

Joanx

anx mum
13-04-11, 14:43
Really hope so had enough of this place physio has helped i think. How r u today?

anx mum
14-04-11, 10:37
The pain in my calf is improving just wondering if this physio is helping it? Its more of a dull ache now was really sharp. Think it has gone on 2 long to be dvt its 6 weeks now.Still in hospital reviewing me 2moz.

blueangel
14-04-11, 12:04
Honestly, if you had a dvt for 6 weeks you would have known about it by now - the most likely cause is that it's your muscles or ligaments, particularly if the physio is helping it. Don't worry, you're doing really well!

anx mum
14-04-11, 13:53
Honestly, if you had a dvt for 6 weeks you would have known about it by now - the most likely cause is that it's your muscles or ligaments, particularly if the physio is helping it. Don't worry, you're doing really well!

Do u think it would b red and swollen? The pain was so sharp thats why i was so scared.

amandaj
14-04-11, 14:07
hi bev its not a dvt or pe if it was you wouldnt be on here typing honestly, glad your getting help take care
amanda xx

anx mum
15-04-11, 09:27
hi bev its not a dvt or pe if it was you wouldnt be on here typing honestly, glad your getting help take care
amanda xx

Thanks amanda hoping to get discharged today wanna be with kids having physio and its helping pain hasent completly gone. A dvt wouldnt last 6 weeks would it?