PDA

View Full Version : Worried I'm going to die or go into a coma.

lorenza
11-04-11, 21:02
Hi I got put on diazepam today as I have an exam coming up and was getting stressed and I had one 2mg tablet earlier but completely forgot and had around three quarters of a can of cider about three hours later. And I googled it and it says that people have died or gone into comas and now I'm having panic attacks about it.

Help!

nomorepanic
11-04-11, 21:24
You will be fine. You can drink with diazepam in moderation but it just makes you more sleepy.

If 3 hours have passed nothing is going to happen now.

countrygirl
11-04-11, 22:30
2mg is a tiny tiny dose of diazepam and you would need a much much bigger dose and alot of alcohol to be in any danger. Diazepam has a suppressant effect on respiration (breathing) as does alcohol so if you combine the two in very large quantities then you can be in trouble but on your dose this would not apply. Saying that it is of course sensible not to drink when you are on medication of any kind but nothing for you to wory about.

lorenza
12-04-11, 00:50
I just keep reading articles where its happened with one drink and now i'm scared to sleep in case i don't wake up :(

uk23
12-04-11, 01:07
I used to take 5mg every day for about a year and carried on drinking. Once it made me feel quite crap but that was after a few glasses of champers.

countrygirl
12-04-11, 14:44
I think you will find that anyone who went into a coma was taking a very high dose of diazepam - did the articles you have been reading actually tell you how much diazepan and alcohol they had to go into a coma??