PDA

View Full Version : Was about to go pub

xtremx
12-04-11, 12:01
I was shouted at today by some mates asking me to join them in the pub for a drink (juice 4 me as no longer drink) and game of pool.:D

But talked myself out off it my mouth started to dry up and i started to worrying what if i start to feel hot,dizzy,lightheaded and then a full blown panic attack:weep:

Should i have at least tired and failed and told myself "i told you so".

blueangel
12-04-11, 12:16
Well, if you want my two pennyworth, it's always worth trying - as you might well succeed. Even if you only managed a short while in the pub, that would be a great step forward, so think about giving it a try next time.

Ellis81
12-04-11, 16:41
I am the same cant go to pub or anything - last time I went to pub was new year! and since then Ive not touched a drop of alcohol (too petrified) and nor have I been out for the eve - I really want too but I like you feel the same I know how you feel totally :hugs:

xtremx
12-04-11, 18:32
Well, if you want my two pennyworth, it's always worth trying - as you might well succeed. Even if you only managed a short while in the pub, that would be a great step forward, so think about giving it a try next time.

I think next time I will take them up on the offer and see what happens.:winks:

xtremx
12-04-11, 18:39
I am the same cant go to pub or anything - last time I went to pub was new year! and since then Ive not touched a drop of alcohol (too petrified) and nor have I been out for the eve - I really want too but I like you feel the same I know how you feel totally :hugs:

I hear were you are coming fro Ellis81 the last time i had a few drinks at the pub and a mean 3 drinks (newcastle brown) the next day i was in a&e for 8 hours with what they thought was a heart attack (but all the tests were fine) but we think was 2 massive panic attacks. Has made me teatotal. But i then went in for a juice and game of pool about a month after that but had to leave as it took its toll on me,I was sweatin, dizzy,could just about feel my hands, felt like everyone was lookin at me just about made it home a 20 mins walk lasted about 1 hour it felt.:bighug1:

honeyp1e
12-04-11, 19:04
you should of just tried but am like you all the what if's run through my head..even though i don't drink i went to the pub on sat for something to eat and suprised myself as i had a nervous stomach but i stayed there a good few hours even though i wanted to run home and in the end my stomach settled x

katexxxx
12-04-11, 22:17
I am exactly like you,over thinking before doing something or going somewere,but the point is DONT LET YOUR MIND CONTROL YOU!!!!it is so hard to do but try and focus on something else xx